Interesting and Humour - page 3058

Yuriy Zaytsev:
What year did you graduate from high school?
I mean, history was no longer taught in those years.
Poems, too...

Tell me, uncle, it's not for nothing that Moscow was burned down by fire and given to the French...

It was burned before it was given to the French... Is that clear?

I didn't send you to the poems for nothing, you should have read them...

:) sit two... Even one...

The fire started after the French entered Moscow.

I ask again - where is it written that Kutuzov burned Moscow?

Дмитрий:

Moscow burned down by fire was given to the French

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Moscow burned by fire is given to the French

Don't embarrass yourself again.

Дмитрий:

Do you want it to be written that Kutuzov himself was running around with a torch and setting houses on fire?

Alexandr Saprykin:
Do you want it to be written that Kutuzov himself ran around with a torch and set fire to houses?
Well, it has been argued here that that is what it says in the textbooks.

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Moscow burned down by fire was given to the French.
More about Pushkin, please.

That's the version there is:

- Довольно странно. Но загорелась-то Москва, когда в ней уже были французы ?

- Surprisingly enough, again - no! Moscow was on fire even before the French troops entered it. The fires in Zamoskvorechye began when the French were still entering Dorogomilovskaya Sloboda. On 3 September, when Napoleon entered the Kremlin, the city was already ablaze everywhere. On 3 September the fire was raging in Pokrovka and the Nemetskaya Sloboda. In the morning, Cossacks set fire to the Moskvoretsky Bridge before the eyes of the French. As eyewitnesses write: "On the night of 3 to 4 September a strong wind came up, and by morning the city had turned into a raging sea of fire".

//---

From here >>>

But there is no exact information as to exactly what it was like. If there is, give me a link to read it.

Зачем Кутузов сжег Москву? - Официальный сайт газеты «Оракул»
Зачем Кутузов сжег Москву? - Официальный сайт газеты «Оракул»
  • http://bauermedia.ru/
  • www.oracle-today.ru
В этом году Россия будет торжественно отмечает 200-летие победы в Отечественной войне 1812 года, 200 лет Бородинского сражения и последовавшего за ним пожара в Москве. При этом до сих пор остаются неразгаданными главные загадки той войны: можно ли было не сдавать Москву, и кто сжег «сердце России», как называл столицу Наполеон? В поисках...

Anatoli Kazharski:

There's a version of this:

//---

From here >>>.

But there is no exact information how exactly it was. If there is, give me a link to read it.

Read it carefully:

"Most likely, Moscow was burned by order of M. I. Kutuzov" - and not most likely by whom? And the slowest by whom?

And there - when the French entered Moscow - Zamoskvorechye was burning, not Moscow.

Well, is it difficult to read a little further than the headline?

Incidentally, before Napoleon's troops entered, all the prisoners were released from prisons and looting began immediately in the city.

It's most likely...

Yuriy Zaytsev:
You want me to put the whole version of Borodino in here?

Yes, at least a few lines from Pushkin. And Pushkin's Borodino is a revelation, no less than the Word of Regiment...

Your quote is from Lermontov.