Question for the Admins - page 7

I will try to make a suggestion. I will speculate, at the same time you can see where I am missing something.

• All the history in the terminal is stored in one file, i.e. there is no duplication of data like in MT4. But there is no guarantee about its homogeneity, i.e. there is no guarantee that the entire depth is available. This is normal, because it cannot be the case that the minute history is as well preserved as the day history. Therefore, it seems senseless to deceive ourselves that brokers upload all the history to their servers in the form of minutes, there will be a bare daily, and maybe even larger.
  • How does MT5 build timeframes larger than a minute?
    For example, it wants to build М5. To do this it goes through the history file, the smaller bars are stacked into larger ones (M5) (I think the algorithm is based on opening times, i.e. a new 5 minute bar will appear when the bar from the history file will belong to the next 5 minute bar).
  • Why do we switch timeframes?
    To select the required level of details. This is some kind of filter. All traders are looking for some kind of patterns (imho), while a pattern is a group of bars. And of course a pattern assumes the same time-price proportions during the formation. Right now the terminal can't guarantee that. I.e. I have no guarantee that the time intervals between bars are approximately equal.
  • What am I suggesting?
    If you run through the history file, you can estimate where the timeframe boundary is (left). The principle: for example, the last M5 bar (on the left) is a bar to the left of which there are no pairs of bars (going in a row) with an opening time interval of less than 5 minutes. This should be done with every timeframe. Everything that has been cut off this way will not be drawn and will be considered as a timeframe boundary. Of course, it is better if this is implemented by you as a standard. You will end up with a deep story and no mixes.

220Volt:

I will try to make a suggestion. I'll reason, and you can see where I don't understand something.

Unfortunately, you missed my words from the neighbouring comments.