MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 13

Renat:

But we will not accept any files that contain DLL calls - this is very easy to check.

This means that serious Expert Advisors/indicators, such as those that download economic calendars from websites (can't do without a DLL here) or those that work with their own database, such as MySQL, can't be sold? Even your UI design contest may be won by an Expert Advisor with its own form (written with external .dll) with bookmarks, basic scrolling tables and lists, won't be able to be sold, too! In that case, your supermarket is turning into a simple street kiosk that will not sell anything particularly useful except magazines with crossword puzzles and disposable tissues :(

Renat:

No malicious code loader can be written in EX5 - the language is specially designed to be protected. The only possibility to mess up well is if the user allows the DLL.

But we won't accept any files in the shop that contain DLL calls - this is very easy to check.

well then just say: we will check for DLL program calls in the shop and thus ensure security and full stop

oops

IgorM:

Well, then say it straight: we will check for DLL program calls in the shop and thus ensure security, full stop.

That is exactly what was said from the beginning:

Nothing will be sold with DLLs. This is our deliberate move.

Since the language is fully controlled, the presence of DLL calls is clearly described and verifiable.

ForexTools:
Does it mean that serious Expert Advisors/indicators downloading calendars of economic events from websites (can't do without a dll) or working with a database of your own, for example MySQL, will not be sold?

For web access, we will soon provide a set of standard HTTP controlled functions in MQL5. It will allow accessing external resources through a special list of URL permissions, which the user can create manually.

In other words, in the terminal settings you will be able to specify a list of addresses (for example, https://www.mql5.com/, https://my.domain.com/service/), which can be reached via HTTP and HTTPS. This allows to seriously extend the functionality of the system for working with external services.

The calendar is much easier - it's already built into the system, and it's also displayed on the charts.

Even your competition for the best interface may be won by an expert who will have his own form (implemented in an external dll) with bookmarks, standard leafing tables and lists can't be sold either!

External DLL's, except for calls of regular Windows API, are prohibited in our contest. And this contest accepts only source code.

In this case, your supermarket is becoming a simple street kiosk with nothing particularly useful except magazines with crossword puzzles and disposable handkerchiefs.

Don't worry, there will be a lot of smart stuff. We have invested much effort and money in the development of MQL5. It has become so powerful that it virtually eliminates the need for external DLLs for normal work.

For the development of a trading platform, basic security comes first. We will not be seen as kicking Microsoft for security holes.

Automated Trading and Strategy Testing
Automated Trading and Strategy Testing
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: language of trade strategies built-in the MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform, allows writing your own trading robots, technical indicators, scripts and libraries of functions

Renat:

It has become so powerful that it almost negates the need for external DLLs for normal operation.

For the development of a trading platform, basic security comes first. We will not be seen as kicking Microsoft for security holes.

about security - God forbid anyone should succeed - there have not yet been absolutely secure products that have access to the internet

by the way, the file common.mqh - has the directive #import - i.e. DLLs are needed?

about my "painful problem" - I'm about DLL - I already wrote that https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/libraries section looks miserable: "like a training room for schoolchildren - like guys practice OOP".

I've already written that the DLL section looks miserable: "a training room for schoolchildren - like guys practice OOP", by and large it's impossible to take ready-made solutions there - no description, no classes that could completely take care of any functionality (for example: fully ready class for access to historical data, a class to work with files, etc.).

SZY: Well, in part/request or wish: if mql5 is so powerful language, put a class for working with wavelet transforms in the library, tried to translate it to mql5: http://www.basegroup.ru/library/cleaning/wavutils_desc/ seems to be enough experience, but it did not work - I stumbled on working with dynamic multidimensional arrays - interesting to see

MQL5 Code Base: Библиотеки
MQL5 Code Base: Библиотеки
  • www.mql5.com
Библиотека исходных кодов на языке MQL5 для MetaTrader 5

IgorM:

about security - God forbid anyone should succeed - there have not yet been absolutely secure products that have access to the internet

By the way, the file common.mqh - has the directive #import - i.e. a DLL is needed?

You are confused about something. There are no #import DLLs in our standard libraries distributed with the terminal.

To check, download the distribution from scratch and check it out.

About my "painful problem" - I mean DLLs - I already wrote thathttps://www.mql5.com/ru/code/libraries section looks miserable: "like a training room, for schoolchildren - like guys practicing OOP".

I've already written that the DLL section looks miserable: "a training room for schoolchildren - like guys practice OOP", by and large it's impossible to take ready-made solutions there - no description, no classes that could completely take care of any functionality (for example: fully ready class for access to historical data, a class to work with files, etc.).

The old problem - "either give us a fishing rod or give us a fish". But we gave a fishing rod and the fish (codebase and the entire MQL5.community) has been consistently delivered (see MQL4.community) and we still deliver them.

SZY: well, in part/request or wish: if mql5 is so powerful language, put a class for working with wavelet transforms in the library, tried to translate it to mql5: http://www.basegroup.ru/library/cleaning/wavutils_desc/ seems to be enough experience, but it did not work - I stumbled on working with dynamic multidimensional arrays - interesting to see

Again not enough fishing rod, and not enough ready-made fish. And this is a direct accusation in our direction.

If you have a question on dynamic arrays, you should open a forum thread and ask a specific question with an example.

Renat:

You are confused about something. There are no #import DLLs in our standard libraries distributed with the terminal.

1.To check it, download the distribution from scratch and check it.

2.The old problem - "either give us a fishing rod or give us a fish". But we gave you the rod, and the fish (codebase and the whole MQL5.community) has been delivered (see MQL4.community for many years) and we still deliver them.

Again, there is not enough fishing rod and not enough ready-made fish. And this is a direct accusation in our direction.

If you have a question on dynamic arrays, you should open a forum thread and ask a specific question with an example.

1.probably yes - probably downloaded the example on MT5 and along with it this file: common.mqh , maybe this file is not from the standard MT5 delivery

2. I'm not accusing, but rather stating - that the library section - this is the "holy of holies" - a place where you can always take ready-made solutions - at least in the libraries of Delphi - I need support for DirectX - I look for a library to work with DirectX - I install it and have no problems with descriptions and no questions about how the library is optimized, and I continue to engage in their project, rather than deal with the work of third-party functionality

3. OK - I'll try to find time to ask more specifically in the appropriate section of the forum

When is the online shop scheduled to go live? Will it still include an affiliate programme for selling EAs?

IgorM:

1.probably yes - probably downloaded an example on MT5 and along with it this file: common.mqh , maybe this file is not from the standard delivery of MT5

2. I'm not accusing, but rather stating - that the library section - this is the "holy of holies" - a place where you can always take ready-made solutions - at least so in the libraries of Delphi - I need support for DirectX - I look for a library to work with DirectX - I install it and have no problems with descriptions and no questions about how the library is optimized, and I continue to engage in their project, rather than deal with the work of third-party functionality

3. OK - I'll try to find time to ask more specifically in the appropriate section of the forum

I downloaded Ado from library, it works perfectly, completely finished solution.
Or you want all libraries to provide an interface of a type: "One function do(string cmd), pass as a parameter a string - 'build a chart on indicator readings which I won't tell you, and it must have a view which I want, but you guess which one...'". "?
And the fact that there is no documentation, examples, etc. is clearly not MQ's fault.

Renat:

Nothing will be sold with the DLL. This is a conscious move on our part.

What if the DLL module is signed by one of the well-known companies (certification centres)? In this case, will you consider putting a product with the DLL in the shop?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала - Документация по MQL5