Wishes for MT5 - page 96

denkir:

Are there plans for breakpoints in MetaEditor? Imho, a very useful thing...
At the moment, a conditional breakpoint can be arranged by yourself using the DebugBreak() function.
Документация по MQL5: Общие функции / DebugBreak
Документация по MQL5: Общие функции / DebugBreak
  • www.mql5.com
Общие функции / DebugBreak - Документация по MQL5

mql5:
At the moment, a conditional breakpoint can be arranged by yourself using the DebugBreak() function.
Thanks, but I'd like to have a button on the line... like a yellow one...

It would be very convenient if after running an MQL-program under a debugger it would be possible to get statistics for each function included in the program by its total execution time.

victorg:

It would be very convenient if after running an MQL-program under a debugger it would be possible to get statistics for each function included in the program by its total execution time.

MQ seems to be promising to release a codeprofiler...

Such a function would be there, I suppose...

Add Drag&Drop of selected variables to watch list, as it's not very convenient to copy every time. + make variable values highlighted in the hints.

tol64:
I remember, in my opinion, a good idea, if I'm not mistaken, from Konstantin Gruzdev(Lizar) (I couldn't find it in the search engine), where an idea was expressed to make life easier for users and developers. It suggested that the (author's) indicators that are used in the Expert Advisor should not be transferred to every new user separately, but rather stored in the Expert Advisor. Or, to transfer them together with the Expert Advisor inside the Expert Advisor, and at the first launch of the Expert Advisor it would be unpacked. Some unwrapping of the database, you could say. I think that was the idea. In principle, the code of the indicator can be generated by the Expert Advisor, but how to get them out of the sandbox, so that the user does not have to explain every time what to move and where? When the terminal is reloaded, they should be compiled automatically. I have noticed that it happens with some indicators and not with others. Or sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I don't understand, maybe a more reliable mechanism may be implemented in this case? Or maybe there is a way to generate ex5 files automatically?
There is a similar thing in ninza. It's very handy. A normal zip file, import strategy function, unzip it into the right directory and compile it. The reverse operation is also available, it packs Expert Advisor or indicator into a separate zip. But, Ninian has an easier structure of directories related to Expert Advisors and indicators and different organization of programmes themselves. By the way, their strategy import is not totally stupid, if there are additional indicators, etc. with the strategy, it asks if the old ones should be replaced, in case of matching the names. Unfortunately, it does not check versioning of the imported one, that is why it is possible to set EA of 6.5 for example in Semey. The result is deplorable, of course.

I suggest adding a function to the standard delivery

double atan2(double y,double x)

A wish for both MT5 and MT4

Remove the tester from the terminal and make a complete separate application for testing, which will work with ticks, synbars, will allow to process their hst.

Properly handle floating spreads.

Tester must support mql, EAs, indicators - export \ import to the terminal.

North79:

A wish for both MT5 and MT4

Remove the tester from the terminal and make a complete separate application for testing, which will work with ticks, synbars, will allow to process their hst.

Properly handle floating spreads.

Tester must support mql, EAs, indicators - export \ import into the terminal.

With all the huge doubts that the developers will do so, I warmly support this wish.

Does MT5 have a built-in tester?

Or maybe the spreads are not floating in the tester?