Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3600

If the lion's share of transactions on the FX market is OTC, one should know at least approximately the participants of these transactions and how they reflect their transactions in the exchange rate, why it changes. Who broadcasts it, who collects information about transactions. EBS or some other system.
Because everything after them is indicative quotations, i.e. just price charts, which are used by exchanges and brokerage centres for translation into the terminal.

I remember a case. Some time ago, I was invited to the office of a DC to give a lecture on currency markets to the department where the programmers were sitting. I told something that I had prepared, because the programmers did not understand the sphere at all. And the main question after the lecture was about data providers. That is, where to get good quotes. They were given such a task and they could not solve it.
That is, if you think that all DCs have a good understanding of what they do - no, they don't understand anything either.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
I remember a case. Some time ago, I was invited to the office of a DC to give a lecture on currency markets to the department where the programmers were sitting. I told something that I had prepared, because the programmers did not understand the sphere at all. And the main question after the lecture was about data providers. That is, where to get good quotes. They were given such a task and they could not solve it.
That is, if you think that all DCs have a good understanding of what they do - no, they don't understand anything either.

What is "good quotes" for DCs?

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

What are "good quotes" for DCs?

Fast, accessible and not very expensive. Some kind of good quote feed. Not many people knew about ECN at that time.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Fast, affordable and not very expensive

Ahhh, so they didn't want to pay the bank for quotes?

Well, that makes sense....

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Ahhh, so they didn't want to pay the bank for the quotes?

Well, that makes sense....

What bank?))) banks don't give quotes

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Which bank?))

Inexpensive quotes - did they buy them where?

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Inexpensive quotes - did they buy them where?

I don't know, it's a company secret. I told them about currenex and the like.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
I don't know, company secret. I told them about currenex and the like.

They laughed? It's expensive for them in the bank, and he told them about currenex.. . .

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Laughing? It's expensive for them at the bank, and he's talking about currenex... .

What bank? Banks have a different line of business. Retail forex has nothing to do with banks.