Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3597

I have always wondered where the FX quote actually comes from for all DCs, exchanges and liquidity providers :) On top of which they already add their trading conditions and liquidity.
According to my information, from a consortium of several American banks. But we don't know even that :)

That is, they have some real ECN there, not a fake one, to which some brokerage centres are connected.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
I have always wondered where the FX quote actually comes from for all DCs, exchanges and liquidity providers :) On top of which they already add their trading conditions and liquidity.
According to my information, from a consortium of several American banks. But we don't know even that :)

With any international com bank connected to forex, the company can sign a contract to supply quotes. Monthly fee

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

With any international com bank connected to Forex, the company can conclude a contract for the supply of quotes. Monthly fee

Yes, where does the commodity bank get it from?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Yeah, where does the comm bank get it from?

A bank connected to forex. Forex is an interbank market

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Bank connected to Forex. Forex is an interbank market

Well, what do you imagine this market in the form of? As a bunch of servers to which all banks are connected via a single ECN or in some other way?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Well, what do you imagine this market to look like? A bunch of servers to which all banks are connected via a single ECN or something else?

An interbank network. I don't know the technical details

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Interbank network. I don't know the technical details

Well, why don't banks give private individuals a direct exit, if they have one, but organise kitchens?

The same saxobank and lmax are kitchens. A kitchen is defined by the ability to manipulate trading conditions.
Because otherwise the FX market should have almost limitless liquidity.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Well, why don't banks give the private sector a direct outlet, if they have one, but organise kitchens?

Banks do not organise kitchens - other people do.

Banks provide access to the market for legal entities and individuals - the client of the bank trades through the bank. But this is a real market, not a kitchen - ten years ago the minimum deposit was five million dollars. Well, if one lot is 100,000

Dmytryi Nazarchuk #:

Banks don't organise kitchens - other people do.

Banks provide access to the market for legal entities and individuals - the client of the bank trades through the bank. But this is a real market, not a kitchen - ten years ago the minimum deposit was five million dollars. Well, if one lot is 100,000

I haven't dealt with such banks and haven't heard anyone trading like that :)

But I have seen banks that organise kitchens.