Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 343

Renat Akhtyamov:

I haven't seen any decent results here yet.

It's probably interesting - it's new...

But no one and nothing worthwhile has been found yet.

Not seen, or NOT able to see?

Or, the result is the source code of the grail?

PS.

There are a lot of results which shouldn't be published, including me.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I haven't seen any decent results here yet.

It's probably interesting - it's new...

But nobody has found anything worthwhile yet.

Well, it depends what you consider as a result... For example, finding your niche is also a result. "And more aplomb!" ;)))

Oleg avtomat:

Well, it depends on what you consider a result... For example, to find his niche - also a result.
On the forum is the only result - advertising is real is prohibited.

SanSanych Fomenko:
This is the only result on the forum - advertising is real is prohibited.

So what is the purpose of your search?

If the goal of your search is only a niche, it means that you are deliberately fooling people around you. And all your frantic activity to promote R is nothing more than a PR move to attract and multiply a group of admirers. For the usefulness of R is vanishingly small. At the same time, your "pearls" about the uselessness of models in the study of processes very well demonstrate your lack of understanding of both the essence of the phenomenon and the essence of modeling the phenomenon, as well as their interrelation. As well as your "pearls" about filters, "pearls" about signals, etc.

If the purpose of your search is something else, then explain what you are looking for, if not models, not signals, not (and other technical terms difficult for you).

SanSanych Fomenko:
This is the only result on the forum - advertising is real is prohibited.

Actually, this is for everyone who uses Data Mining.

Why not show real results? Let's say, on some simple task. Say, the pattern we have is the intersection of two MAs upwards. It is clear that it can be solved with logic in 2 strokes, but suppose we are so dumb that we are unable to solve it and leave it to DM - let her do her thinking).

CSV files with MA length of about 50000 points and training sequence, if necessary, I will post.

Oleg avtomat:

So what is the purpose of your search?

If the goal of your search is only a niche, it means that you are deliberately fooling people around you. And all your frantic activity to promote R is nothing more than a PR move to attract and multiply a group of admirers. For the usefulness of R is vanishingly small. At the same time, your "pearls" about the uselessness of models in the study of processes very well demonstrate your lack of understanding of both the essence of the phenomenon and the essence of modeling the phenomenon, as well as their interrelation. As well as your "pearls" about filters, "pearls" about signals, etc.

If the purpose of your search is something else, then explain what you are looking for, if not models, signals, not (and other technical terms difficult for you).

Another "know-it-all" gets dragged into the rant.

What's your point?

San sanych... give me a dime)

and really, why so many bold and unambiguous statements about the usefulness of one and the complete uselessness of the other...like signals are bullshit, radio technicians must necessarily throw away their skills, etc...why all of a sudden? because if you came to the conclusion about the uselessness of such complicated things, which have a very wide field for experimentation, it means that the essence of the phenomenon was revealed to you...

if you have understood the essence of market pricing then there is a model... but if there is a model then it is absurd to talk about the pointlessness of modeling, and if there is no model then there is no understanding, and if there is no understanding then there is no reason to talk about the futility of modeling) pardon the pun...

Vladimir Perervenko:

Another "connoisseur" is dragging his feet.

What are you talking about?

On the contrary, smart guy, I try to spare you from twaddle and empty into empty.

And we're on a first-name basis with fa, if that cuts your delicate ears. Some censor...

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Actually, this is for everyone who uses Data Mining.

Why not show real results? Let's say, on some simple task. Say, the pattern we have is the intersection of two MAs upwards. It is clear that it can be solved with logic in 2 strokes, but suppose we are so dumb that we are unable to solve it and leave it to DM - let her do her thinking).

CSV files with MA length of about 50,000 points and training sequence if necessary, I will post.

Ah, yes. Since no one works for free, ready to sign a freelance contract with the first who will put a working solution in the public domain for 10 bucks.

Detailed ToR negotiate directly in this thread.

Nowi:

and really why so many bold and unambiguous statements about the usefulness of one and the complete uselessness of the other...like signals are bullshit, radio technicians must necessarily throw away their skills, etc...why all of a sudden?

Basically, "unambiguous assertions" are bad.

But it is even worse when the statements do not take into account the existing science and practice in this field, publications, do not take into account the training, the tools of personnel working in this field.

My assertions are simple - let's stick to the mainstream. And in this I am uncompromising. If someone has thoughts that fall out of the mainstream, they should be justified as solutions to problems not solved in the mainstream. Everything else is bicycles.

And the statements "here I have an advisor, it has filters and it earns" - then it is about nothing at all.

PS.

I had a student who I caught trading during class. I was reading "Mechanical Trading Systems." This student was hanging indicators chaotically, calculating something, and then making decisions. Never made a mistake in a semester. So what?