Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2898

mytarmailS #:

Yeah. I had a cherry tree cut down under my window last spring. Is that clear?

A normal person would have recognised the nonsense he said a long time ago and calmed down...

What's nonsense? Specifically to the market: you need to choose an instrument on which you can earn money at the moment. It is necessary to choose an algorithm of actions for the current situation, not to look for a grail. It is necessary to trade only at moments when there is an opportunity to earn. Trading as a business today is a demand for one thing, in a year for another, in 2 years you are bankrupt. Then there were analogies that psychology may not allow you to do it all due to habit, desire to beat the market, etc.

This is my position, I chose it in order to have an argument, to check this position. I could have supported yours, but then there would have been no argument.

Rorschach #:

What's the delusion?

That successful trading is "no big deal."

mytarmailS #:

It's "nothing complicated" about being a successful trader.

Imho The real difficulty is the uncertainty. The techniques themselves are primitive.

Saber has been palling around with his approach, but we don't want to pick ticks and depend on 1 broker.

Meir publishes inputs online, you can take a demo and copy his signals for 2 weeks or directly from the broadcast on YouTube with 30s delay. But this is not our method.

In signals now top in subscribers, 2 deals per week at 5 pips on average in 4x digits. We want more often and more.

And there are opportunities, but psychology does not allow

Rorschach #:

Imho The real difficulty is in the uncertainty. The techniques themselves are primitive.

Saber has been floating his approach, but we don't want to pick ticks and depend on 1 broker.

Meir publishes inputs online, you can take a demo and copy his signals for 2 weeks or directly from the broadcast on YouTube with 30s delay. But this is not our method.

In signals now top in subscribers, 2 deals per week at 5 pips on average in 4x digits. We want more often and more.

And there are opportunities, but psychology does not allow

I understand that the exit from the channel by ticks and placing on the edges of limiters, but I do not understand the essence, how to avoid risks.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

I understand that the exit from the channel by ticks and placing limiters on the edges, but I don't understand the essence, how to avoid risks.

There appear "inefficiencies" in ticks, which can be recorded statistically, that is, it is no longer random. Again, I suggested several times to pick the ticks from his article to make sure that the MO is working

Rorschach #:
There appear "inefficiencies" in ticks, which can be recorded statistically, i.e. it is no longer random. Again, I suggested several times to pick the ticks from his article to be sure of the MO work

This is the beginning of the algorithm, then the calculation of where and when to put limiters, I don't understand it, and how the defence against loss is built. Although it may not exist.

Do the last 5 pages have anything to do with the MoD?
Let's discuss each topic in its own forum thread. And not offtopic.

elibrarius #:
Do the last 5 pages have anything to do with the MoD?
Let's discuss each topic in its own forum thread. And not offtopic.

At first the discussion was about the possibility to formalise within the framework of MO the approach of some guru (TC on levels). But the dialogue quickly turned to discussion of sensei and senseism.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

At first it was about the possibility of formalising within the MO approach some kind of guru (TC on levels).

We can go back to the original question. His video about levels

The idea of separating flat and trend levels seems reasonable.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

We can go back to the original question. His video on levels

The idea of separating flat and trend levels seems reasonable.

So to speak, it is one of the tasks to determine the state. And for some reason the reversal points and not extrema, without explanations, which means that strong sellers buyers sold the price movement, although he could have said, supply increases and overlaps demand and the price stops growing and begins to fall)))))

In general, a little looked at the following idea, how many reversals of the price in the channel, and if more than 3, then you can be in the plus, because the errors will be the last orders that do not turn around, and continue to move. But the idea did not want to work, i.e. there are states when there are more than 3 reversals, but their random number in time.