MQL4 Market: failed to load products (get header failed [12150]) blank pages in markets - page 5

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are mixing apples and oranges. This issue has nothing to do with different builds.

EDIT: Besides, the current MT4 official build 1370 was released 11th January 2023.

It appears that the problem would not have occured at the first place if the build was older. So it has to do with both, it's a grocery market.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

any information in this regard will be deleted.

Why? I don't want to baby-sit every update for running terminals in my VPS which just work. There must be an option to turn it off for these kinds of deployments.

Flexor #: Why? I don't want to baby-sit every update for running terminals in my VPS which just work. There must be an option to turn it off for these kinds of deployments.

There is no such option, and MetaQuotes is currently cracking down on any attempts to block Live Update and the dissemination of older builds.

I personally don't agree with their decision, but as normal users we don't have much say in the matter.

Flexor #: It appears that the problem would not have occured at the first place if the build was older. So it has to do with both, it's a grocery market.

The older build was not working correctly either. It was just being affected in a different way.

Fernando Carreiro #:

There is no such option, and MetaQuotes is currently cracking down on any attempts to block Live Update and the dissemination of older builds.

I personally don't agree with their decision, but as normal users we don't have much say in the matter.

May I ask why you don't agree ?

Usually you are very attentive about licence and legal rights.

EDIT: You are also aware of security issues implied.

Alain Verleyen #: May I ask why you don't agree ? Usually you are very attentive about licence and legal rights.

Because limiting the Live Update does not break any licensing rules. Granting or redacting file permissions on my own computer is within my own rights.

It is also the obligation of MetaQuotes not to purposely seek to damage or cause loss for a user (that would be called Malware). They may not be legally liable for those damages, but they can also not legally prevent anyone from limiting those damages.

So it is a stalemate. We cannot legally file for damages but they can also not legally prevent us from blocking the update.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Because limiting the Live Update does not break any licensing rules. Granting or redacting file permissions on my own computer is within my own rights.

It is also the obligation of MetaQuotes not to purposely seek to damage or cause loss for a user (that would be called Malware). They may not be legally liable for those damages, but they can also not legally prevent anyone from limiting those damages.

So it is a stalemate. We cannot legally file for damages but they can also not legally prevent us from blocking the update.

Thank you for your answer.

Fernando Carreiro # :

I have no idea about what is legal or not, as I know almost nothing on that matter. Also I don't want to argue, I post the below just for people reading this topic to have all information.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Block automatic terminal update (MT4)

Renat Fatkhullin , 2015.06.02 12:28

Don't try to block updates, please.

Get wild constant repetitive traffic downloading updates, and then an eternal IP ban in our services. This applies to all services that think they are smarter than the rest and do not understand what they are doing.

Released - update and work on. Please note that blocking updates, as well as the operation of the terminal, is a direct violation of the license to use the terminal.

For those who don't know. Renat Fatkhullin is Metaquotes CEO.

Alain Verleyen # :
Sei connesso correttamente con il tuo account della community mql5? Pubblica il tuo registro del diario.
Sorry for the picture quality
Files:

Dear Sirs, my following vps' are block from markets?
195.140.215.15:53585
89.35.29.17:53585
185.44.76.139:53585
I cannot see and install the products from the Market Tab of MT4. Pls help!. Thanks!