Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality - page 16

Hello,

I finally lost the "bad description" label. I have since deleted everything except the introduction.

It didn't work so like you I finally deleted everything and started again. A small introduction of 400 characters.

I will now try to improve it day after day and avoid falling back into the bad description.

Thanks you for your help.

Are the description changes propagated to the terminals only from Monday to Friday ?

I've changed the description of a utility for mt4 , and in the mt4 market tab the change has not appeared yet. I've waited 24h because i assumed that would be the lag.

(unless there is a flagging mechanism and it is pending manual review)

Thank you

Lorentzos Roussos #: Are the description changes propagated to the terminals only from Monday to Friday ? I've changed the description of a utility for mt4 , and in the mt4 market tab the change has not appeared yet. I've waited 24h because i assumed that would be the lag.(unless there is a flagging mechanism and it is pending manual review) Thank you

The terminals maintains a cache. I don't know how often it is updated, but you can try clear the cache and have MetaTrader download it again.

EDIT: The cache is at "%APPDATA%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community\"

Fernando Carreiro #:

The terminals maintains a cache. I don't know how how often it is updated, but you can try clear the cache and have MetaTrader download it again.

EDIT: The cache is at "%APPDATA%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community\"

i deleted the mt4.market.dat and it pulled the new description . So its about the cache update . Thanks 

Lorentzos Roussos #: i deleted the mt4.market.dat and it pulled the new description . So its about the cache update . Thanks 
You are welcome!

Rating

Good description but really high rating.. The ranking criteria remains a mystery..

Davide Marrone #:

Good description but really high rating.. The ranking criteria remains a mystery..

There are a lot of other factors, except the description, such as the price, demo downloads, sales, reviews, comments etc.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

There are a lot of other factors, except the description, such as the price, demo downloads, sales, reviews, comments etc.

The most important thing is that people buy it. A rating of 9000, if someone buys it, is likely to drop to a number close to 1000. And if they buy it again, it will be close to 500. And if, while being close to 500, they buy it again, it will get close to 100. But it also depends on the price. The higher the price, the more positions it drops. If it's very affordable, it drops slower.

Promoting the product page to third part websites will help the rating?

Davide Marrone #:
Promoting the product page to third party websites will help the rating?

Bringing in traffic it will help, I guess.

Rating must have some connection with page views.