Discussion of article "Automated Optimization of an EA for MetaTrader 5"

New article Automated Optimization of an EA for MetaTrader 5 has been published:

This article describes the implementation of a self-optimization mechanism under MetaTrader 5.

Optimization process

The first MetaTrader 5 instance is running 24/7, this instance hosts the BuddyIlan EA and the EA on which we will work today (Optimizer EA) and which will launch the optimization processes on the second MetaTrader 5 instance.

At the end of the process, the Optimizer EA will set optimized values in Global variables which will be read by the running Buddy Ilan EA.

The optimization is scheduled every Saturday without any manual intervention.

Author: BPASoftware Thai Co. Ltd

Bruno,

Please allow me to be the first to say thank you very much for this. You have saved me a lot of work.

Thank you very much.

Shep

What is major different with old one. Is is just to capture the log of the ea.. im sorry for my comments. 

Does Automated Optimization can be used in Strategy Tester?

Yu Zhang:
Does Automated Optimization can be used in Strategy Tester?
Hi, the optimiser launches strategy tester on the second MT5 instance.

Awesome work. Much appreciated !!!

It is not working in MT5 bild 2177. Can you help?

jaffer wilson:
It is not working in MT5 bild 2177. Can you help?
Hi, I'll look at this ... what is the error message ?

Bruno Paulet:
Hi, I'll look at this ... what is the error message ?

I am not getting any error messages. Actually, I am not getting anything. Just the appearing and disappearing. Please let me know what need to do to run the complete project successfully.

Thank you for share. Excellent work!

you said " this EA must be present in the second environment". Could you please elaborate on that? I understand making a copy and moving it to the experts folder, but if you ever make changes to the ea you would need to re copy and move the file again. And I am not sure if it would let you copy it via the shell function during runtime considering the program is running.