Discussion of article "Automated Optimization of an EA for MetaTrader 5" - page 2

It does not work! 

Could you let me know what should I input below? 

input string sOptimiser="";                         // --------------- Optimiser Settings

input string sTerminalTesterPath="C:\\Program Files\\ForexTime MT5";
input string sTerminalTesterDataPath="C:\\Users\\BPA\\AppData\\Roaming\\MetaQuotes\\Terminal\\5405B7A2ED87FFEE2A792204731FD350";

input string sBuddyIlan="";                         // --------------- Buddy Ilan Settings

Is the "sTerminalTesterPath" and  "sTerminalTesterDataPath" for the second EA? 

and the how about the "sOptimiser" and "sBuddyIlan"?  

Thanks a lot!!

hi guys, im new, this article and work is excellent, its something all algo traders need. i more infomation on how to put this together, 

1# shell32.dll, this a dll file i must create right, so is it empty with no coding in it or what should i put in it?

2#the attached file at the bottom of the article has 2 folders, expert and includes, do i just compile everything in their respective locations on MetaEditor, adjust locations of terminals and let it rip or what?

3#the attached expert, is it Buddyilan or the EAoptimiser or both because in the 1st instance there's supposed to be buddyilan AND EAoptimiser with the 2nd instance only having the EAoptimiser. shell32 is a dll that needs to sit a folder somewhere, not even sure where, are my assumptions right?

please help, i need this 

Shephard Mukachi #:

Bruno,

Please allow me to be the first to say thank you very much for this. You have saved me a lot of work.

Thank you very much.

Shep

Shep, 

you seem to have worked out how the EAoptimiser works according to the article, please help if you can, or just elaborate a bit more on how you got everything together and running smoothly

thnax in advance

Can someone explain to me why this can't be done using the MetaTrader5 module for Python?

Gamuchirai Ndawana #: Can someone explain to me why this can't be done using the MetaTrader5 module for Python?
Because Python code runs externally to MetaTrader 5 via an API. It does not run as a compiled MQL5 executable.

That's awesome! I have an "optimization strategy" for my ea, can I automatizate my optimization like this? (first gen opt, choose favorable set, then opt other inputs, then again opt other inputs, etc..)

Hi @Bruno Paulet 

I want to ask about 2 things

First is about this statement,

we define the Expert we want to optimize ("BuddyIlan") - this EA must be present in the second environment

Do I need to put my EA at specified location or not?

Second is that whenever EA tester launch it will immediately close, how can I fix this?

Fernando Carreiro #: Because Python code runs externally to MetaTrader 5 via an API. It does not run as a compiled MQL5 executable.

What if I converted the Python script to a DLL?

Gamuchirai Zororo Ndawana #:What if I converted the Python script to a DLL?
Then you might as well just write directly it in MQL.