Simple Trading Method - page 20

I think that of all the pairs the EURJPY is the most imporant and find that its pivots can frequently be used as take profits. saying that the basket does not follow it only, sometimes the basket goes up or down and it stays still. I tried out doing some conventional analysis on the EURJPY to guage its direction and enter the basket ONLY in that direction, well I predicted that the EURJPY would go up and it went up by 60 pips and the basket went DOWN by 350+ pips and didn't follow it at all. It was during low liquidity but I thought it was an eye opener. As far as GBPCHF, your right logically it should be important but 3 weeks or so ago I was reversing it to get more pips out of the trades. I don't get that much time to trade so I will look at its history over a longer timeframe.

Saying all that I suppose one has to carve out ones one niche though and find out what works for them.

By the way you should not be allowing your account to $5000 drawdown unless your in it for long runs using or using full lots for the 14 pairs, $500 is the standard max, I personanlly pull the plug at $400. Julius released some EAs for that . If you trade using the Orest you can trade smaller TF, or you can open the IA manually for tighter TF.

Cheers

ncmd:
Hi Guys.. I have been analysing this basket for a while now. If it is a buy?sell and we buying/selling the 14 nonIBFX pairs: are not we in fact buying 4 lots of E/J, 2 lots Cad/J and 1 lot of G/CHF?. The rest will cancel ech other. Do you think if we monitor those charts we would gain a better understanding? and aid our disicion to go long or short. we could only Buy/Sell the three pairs to limit our cost/investment. I would like to know from some one who have been doing this for a longer time than me "which is propaly everyone on this forum", what is the largest drawback that he/she noticed and how long it would take to come back? from the limited time I did the basket I have seen a drawback of $5,000 to $ 6,000 on a standard lot basket and it came back to profit within about two days. Is this true? what is the best time fram for this kinfd of trade, using orest indi?

Did anyone open any baskets during the last 2 days, If so how did it go, could you give me the time that you opened it and when you closed it?

Thanks

Hallo.. I am newbie.. Hope can learn something god from all of you...

RedPadisha:
I think that of all the pairs the EURJPY is the most imporant and find that its pivots can frequently be used as take profits. saying that the basket does not follow it only, sometimes the basket goes up or down and it stays still. I tried out doing some conventional analysis on the EURJPY to guage its direction and enter the basket ONLY in that direction, well I predicted that the EURJPY would go up and it went up by 60 pips and the basket went DOWN by 350+ pips and didn't follow it at all. It was during low liquidity but I thought it was an eye opener. As far as GBPCHF, your right logically it should be important but 3 weeks or so ago I was reversing it to get more pips out of the trades. I don't get that much time to trade so I will look at its history over a longer timeframe. Saying all that I suppose one has to carve out ones one niche though and find out what works for them. By the way you should not be allowing your account to $5000 drawdown unless your in it for long runs using or using full lots for the 14 pairs, $500 is the standard max, I personanlly pull the plug at $400. Julius released some EAs for that . If you trade using the Orest you can trade smaller TF, or you can open the IA manually for tighter TF. Cheers

Hi

Thanks for the reply, but how can you have a max drawdown of $ 500 if you are trading 14 stadarded lots the spreads alone come to around $ 740 with FXDD. I am trading 14 pairs at 100K lot each.

Last week was bad for me, I could not find an entry with the AI account or the Orest indi. but I thought because I only checked them like 2-3 times a day.

I am attaching a PDF file with some print screen of last Monday IA... What would you do or what would you be waiting for? All last week the IA was simillar to that, while the orest indi was giving good buy strong and sell strong signals, so I did not do anything !!!.. Would you sell G/c and G/u alone since they stayed on top for most the day ?

Files:
IA_Monday.pdf  151 kb

You trade mini lots. That would be 14 mini lots. That would be anywhere between 50 and 75 pips/dollars negative. If it goes in your favor you could quickly be up 200/500/1000 or 1500 pips/dollars. (Approximate)

Friends trading in mini lots is the better option for new traders here. Trading in mini lots will tell you the exact position were do you stand while you trade.

Reealjrd:
Friends trading in mini lots is the better option for new traders here. Trading in mini lots will tell you the exact positon were do you stand while you trade.

Why does trading in mini lots give you a sense of position?.??!!?...@ ncmd sorry i need to see the ia in motion... look up a guy called tickjob... he has some great history pdfs. The second page should be tuesday right? i know there was a sell on monday.

Hey guys, its been fun but since these threads are now apart of a commercial endeavor I don't feel like being apart of them any more. For those learning this, you really dont need to be taught anything, all the material is out there, and unless you learn it yourself and make it your own then you won't succeed at trading.

Luigifern:
You trade mini lots. That would be 14 mini lots. That would be anywhere between 50 and 75 pips/dollars negative. If it goes in your favor you could quickly be up 200/500/1000 or 1500 pips/dollars. (Approximate)

In my AI account I trade Mini or micro lots but in the other account I trade full stadard lots

I still want to know how you handle spreads with that many lots.