RSX Swinger - page 9

I've analysed only EURUSD 1h timeframe with rsx period = 10. I'm not sure what settings suit other timeframes and other pairs. Anyone volunteers to grab a setting and a timeframe to test? You go straight to live testing; mt4 strategy backtester is just a toy.

So far around 450 pips net profit in 45 calendar days!

Files:

scorpion,

Have you done any backtesting with Alpari data? Is it reliable or do you know anyone who has confirmed the quality of the data?

I like the RSX indicator for the channeling so far. I just started running the EA. It looks like you've got some good resulsts so far.

cs

No, mt4 backtesting is useless. I don't do it. All result you've seen here is actual live trades.

Hello Scorpion,

Thanks for the expert. I started forward testing it on a demo account yesterday. I wondered if you could tell me where in the code I could insert "RSX_Swinger", so that it would show up in the Comment line in the Account History? I tried inserting it several places that have worked with other experts but nothing works and only the only an '0' prints?? As I'm running a couple other experts it helps me decipher P/L after the fact.

I noticed that some people were asking about what period to use for the RSX indicator. The default is 10 but I've using 14 on a 15m chart, and it seems to avoid some of the whipsaws at the '50' line.

-MJ

PS - Something to consider adding to a future version might be trading times. I know the flat period between 6pm-12 mid EST can create low range whipsaws.

MJ,

How have your results been on the 15 min? I've just started testing today on the 1 hr. Did you change or play with the trailing stop mode? Are you just using 1, Fixed SL? I've also been using 14 for RSX setting on the 15 chart and it seems to work better then 10 for RSX in this period.

cs

MJ,

An option for the time period instead of just not trading might be to put in an additional indicator like Juice. This would measure activity and not trade if there wasn't enough there..

cs

Hi Scorpion,

One question.... Do you turn off the Swinger at certain times of the day,,for example between maybe After 12 Noon to 2 AM which most of the times are pretty slow and more prone to choppy behavior or you leave it running all day?

Juher

marketjouster:
Hello Scorpion, Thanks for the expert. I started forward testing it on a demo account yesterday. I wondered if you could tell me where in the code I could insert "RSX_Swinger", so that it would show up in the Comment line in the Account History? I tried inserting it several places that have worked with other experts but nothing works and only the only an '0' prints?? As I'm running a couple other experts it helps me decipher P/L after the fact. I noticed that some people were asking about what period to use for the RSX indicator. The default is 10 but I've using 14 on a 15m chart, and it seems to avoid some of the whipsaws at the '50' line. -MJ PS - Something to consider adding to a future version might be trading times. I know the flat period between 6pm-12 mid EST can create low range whipsaws.

I think, you have to change:

int ret = OrderSendEx(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, open_slippage*Point, TrueSL, TrueTP, NULL, magicnum, 0, Yellow);

to

int ret = OrderSendEx(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, open_slippage*Point, TrueSL, TrueTP, "RSX Swinger 2", magicnum, 0, Yellow);

and

int ret = OrderSendEx(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots ,Bid, open_slippage*Point, TrueSL, TrueTP, NULL, magicnum, 0, Yellow);

to

int ret = OrderSendEx(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots ,Bid, open_slippage*Point, TrueSL, TrueTP, "RSX Swinger 2", magicnum, 0, Yellow);

traden4x:
MJ,An option for the time period instead of just not trading might be to put in an additional indicator like Juice. This would measure activity and not trade if there wasn't enough there..cs

That's something to think about.