RSX Swinger - page 16

hello i am newbie of this forum i see rsx indicator now i want rsx indicator and rsx expert and rsx signal alert with sound. these indicators are i want so please give me and i already download rsx swinger v3 but it is not working so please give me

Scorpion,

I know we've said in the past that inversing a system will not make the graph go upside down. But I've just tested the RSX with TP of 5 and SL of 7 (2pips of spread)... it's giving pretty good losses here (I never though I'd ever put good and losses together) I was wondering what would happen if we inverse the buy signal to a sell and vice versa?

Let me know, I don't know how MT4 works so I'm not going to mess with the code.

Thanks

Gaz, you can do that in a min, just hack RSX Swinger (point).mql4 as described below:

Find original code:

IsBuy = (rsx1 Buy_Level);
IsSell = (rsx1 >= Sell_Level && rsx0 < Sell_Level);
IsCloseBought = (rsx0 < Exit_Buy_Level);
IsCloseSold = (rsx0 > Exit_Sell_Level);

Reverse IsBuy IsSell, IsCloseBought IsCloseSold. Swap only the names before equal signs not the whole lines.

IsSell = (rsx1 Buy_Level);
IsBuy = (rsx1 >= Sell_Level && rsx0 < Sell_Level);
IsCloseSold = (rsx0 < Exit_Buy_Level);
IsCloseBought = (rsx0 > Exit_Sell_Level);

Now remember that Buy_Level and Sell_Level are opposite now. In case you want to change Buy_Level then change Sell_Level instead.

I could just swap the code for you, but I think this is nice experience for you.

I changed it but I'm not expecting anything close to what I got.

So here is my hypothesis: I put RSX swinger in a small M5 timeframe with period 20. I put the RSX v3 (point) expert, put levels of buy and sell both at 50 with buyclose at 10 and sell close at 90. Then I put a TP of 5 and a SL of 7 (so the spread is covered...) Now what exactly would make it that if I reverse buy and sell it doesnt flip over everything. Because by doing the TP 5 and SL 7 it should be telling me which one gets to 7pips first. Is there something I'm missing here?

It should be the exact opposite result if we sell instead of buy and buy instead of sell...

Here are the results I got with the settings I have above:

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.forex1000.com/FXFisherman/RSXloss.htm

I think I found the problem, there were 837 trades, if we reduce the $20 (spread) per winning trade, we will get a significantly lower profit.. but profit is profit..

The link i posted showed "profit" of 21030.00

though if we get rid of the winning trades' spread, the result decreases to 10550

It's still huge but that might be the problem I was having?

Anyways look into it when you have time

I believe I found the problem, I remembed that I since I put 5 in the take profit, the stop loss ill be 7 so I have to do once again $20 x number of "winning" trade. Basically i have to take the result from the beginning and substract $20 x number of total trades..

So started with 21,030.00 minus 16,740.00 which leaves with 4,290.00 Though by reversing the buy with sell ends up with a -7000 if not more... 4k is still good profit after ~4 months.

Let me know what you think

Gaz, TP and SL should = 5, as spread is included already. Reversed positions will lost not only 1x the spread, but 2 times the spread which is 4 pips. Eg. If a long position lost -7 pips, then if it were short position, it would win only 3 pips, not 5, not 7 pips. This is the main problem with reversing.

Have you try setting TP = 9 pips?

I thought the TP of 5 didnt include spread (meaning the balance starts at -2 when opening the trade, and closes at +5)

And no I have no tried it, im really just messing around with anything I can get my hands on to and see if something happens...

On witch timeframe and pair are you using this system?

Scorpion, is there anyway you could create and expert advisor that buys when the rsx line swings up, and alternatively sells when it swings downwards?