Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 90

What will happen when they decide that all should be updated (including the ex4 files)? Since they are going to do that

The official date is February the 3rd. Good luck

Seems that people are not that eager to "upgrade". The way how the whole thing was conducted it is a guaranteed chaos - it will be better than FOMC statements

Interesting : I thought that the cause of string parameters disappearing when terminal is restarted is somewhere in the parameters altering. But here is a code that does not change or use those parameters at all, and they still disapear. And an addition : it sometimes work OK!!!! As if the terminal is schizophrenic and in one instant it work one way and the other some other way. This problem does not seem to be a problem of a compiler though

Files:

Text after the // that should be displayed in the parameters options (instead of the parameter name) is not displayed any more. It was working OK before these last changes. In the lower example it should write "Price to use" not "Price" under the "Variable"

#property indicator_chart_window

enum prices

{

pr_close, // Close

pr_open, // Open

pr_high, // High

pr_low, // Low

pr_median, // Median

pr_typical, // Typical

pr_weighted // Weighted

};

extern prices Price = pr_close; // Price to use

//------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//------------------------------------------------------------------

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

int start() { return(0); }
Files:
test_enum.gif  13 kb

Mladen,

Now we can choose, you can display the comments if you add # property strict, or show the name of the variable in the absence of this line.

I think the new mt4 has reached an acceptable level of reliability, to allow the experts set to work on day 3, without fear.

Antonsan:
Mladen,

Now we can choose, you can display the comments if you add # property strict, or show the name of the variable in the absence of this line.

I think the new mt4 has reached an acceptable level of reliability, to allow the experts set to work on day 3, without fear.

Antonsan

Thanks for the tip

Yes, it displays correctly, but still the errors with parameters (string parameters and enum parameters) are the same and it is showing that even the basic options are not working as they should.

Antonsan:
Mladen,

strict property requires most of the existing metatrader 4 code to be rewritten (at least 80%)

techmac:
strict property requires most of the existing metatrader 4 code to be rewritten (at least 80%)

At least 80%, but count on more

The most common run time error you will see when "strict" is applied in existing metatrader 4 code is "array out of range".

Unrelated question : is anybody using metatrader 5 at all?