Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 92

WR1:
so far the signals from indicators on the new MT4 and old MT4 are exactly the same or at least on Alpari and build 574 (although i don't have the very latest yet)

but whether this changes in future or whether you have more complex indicators that wont run on the New MT4 i could nt say if it will be an issue

but hopefully if things stay the same, most wont need the old MT4 anyway

I agree, if all indicators worked on all future builds of MT4, there wud be no need to look for alternatives. I totally agree with people here who are saying that it is a waste of time rewriting old indicators etc - traders are busy enough trading and developing strategies, no one needs this bs with forced upgrading.

Anyway, would be nice to have some sort of assurance that your indicators will be on yo screen when u need them, that's why Im trying this thing with connecting old MT4 to datafeed of new MT4

sg_trader:
Anyway, would be nice to have some sort of assurance that your indicators will be on yo screen when u need them, that's why Im trying this thing with connecting old MT4 to datafeed of new MT4

It works. I have been using my brokers data feed on 574 also and nearly everything reconciles perfectly, text labels excepted.

mladen:
You can use this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page2 to see what is the new format and how a new history file format is written

Thanks Mladen!

Tzuman:
It works. I have been using my brokers data feed on 574 also and nearly everything reconciles perfectly, text labels excepted.

Hei man, could you please clarify: are you saying your old indicators work well on new MT4 (574), or you mean you also playing with idea of streaming datafeed into old MT4 and it works?

WR1:
but if MQs were to produce a fairly simple manual detailing whats been changed and why and what to change it to, which would nt really be that hard a job, alot of us could at least attempt to change some coding and would help spread the work

although for reasons unknown they seem reluctant

spot on. althou the reason is probably a fear of competition.

reading responses from MQ on official MQL forum, I get feeling that its just old Soviet mentality: "u get what u get, if u dont like it - take yo business elsewhere" (I was born in FSU as well). Renat and his team are probably hell of a guys, and thanks god they made MT4, but as u say, little more public relations /explaining new changes to coders wudnt hurt them at all

WR1:
and if you find a solution be sure to let us know

no doubt, if I manage to write code to stream data into offline MT4, i'll post it here. i already gathered some info from forums on this topic, now i just need to sit down and do actual work

Build 582 :

String disappearing problem solved

Enumerated options in the drop down box still inverted

And a BIG problem : they have decided that it is prohibited to an indicator to call itself to do some calculation. Only almost all single file multi time frame indicators WILL NOT WORK ANY MORE

My FXDD demo account was automatically updated to Build 574.

I have another demo account that was using Build 509 that I have NOT opened. I would like to keep this second demo account at Build 509, but afraid that when it is opened it will be updated to 574.

Is there any way I can prevent the automatic update and continue using Build 509?

Thank you.

michaelB:
My FXDD demo account was automatically updated to Build 574.

I have another demo account that was using Build 509 that I have NOT opened. I would like to keep this second demo account at Build 509, but afraid that when it is opened it will be updated to 574.

Is there any way I can prevent the automatic update and continue using Build 509?

Thank you.

Try setting the c:\Documents and Settings\ user name \Application data\Metaquotes\WebInstall folder to be read only but I really do not know if it will prevent the ugrades

PS: this is becoming pathetic. Only all singe file multi time frame indicator will stop working when now. We are going to be forced to go 10 years back in coding with this new, "improved", metatrader 4

Does this apply to normal MTF indicators - that most use everyday

hopefully those at MQs headquarters will be doing a bit of overtime this weekend, and with luck they could get at least 5 new builds out by Monday and MTF will be fixed, maybe its just an oversight and small error

without MTF .. MT4 is no good, and there will be a riot around the forums