Harmonic Analysis - page 206

RyuShin:
carbon, could you explain us how to properly enter and close a position with the pattern?

first I see higher tf when price touches trendline and then I see lower tf for inversion patterns (divergences-123 low-demark)

I close when:

1 price touches upper trendline

or

2 inversion patterns

it is good also double the first trendline...so now I have channel with the original width (see orange channel )

Files:
a2.gif  50 kb

Would anybody be into backtesting on MT4 strategy tester here are a couple of tools for a multi TF capability in backtesting

I was checking out Forex Tester 2 (paid licence/demo only) and I was also looking for other ways to be able to run MTF backtesting on either MT4 or MT5.

While Forex Tester 2 is really a nice tool to do the job, it seems possible to run MTF backtest in MT4 as well with the help of a period converter and off-line chart, basically with the same MT4 indicators used in MT4. I am playing around with it to see its use and limitations.

One limitation I definitely already know - MTF indicators will only work on the TFs set-up for the test, and not on the others.

Forex Forum | Forex Trading Forums | MT5 Forum.

lobogabor:
Would anybody be into backtesting on MT4 strategy tester here are a couple of tools for a multi TF capability in backtesting

I was checking out Forex Tester 2 (paid licence/demo only) and I was also looking for other ways to be able to run MTF backtesting on either MT4 or MT5.

While Forex Tester 2 is really a nice tool to do the job, it seems possible to run MTF backtest in MT4 as well with the help of a period converter and off-line chart, basically with the same MT4 indicators used in MT4. I am playing around with it to see its use and limitations.

One limitation I definitely already know - MTF indicators will only work on the TFs set-up for the test, and not on the others.

Forex Forum | Forex Trading Forums | MT5 Forum.

Isn't strategy tester for EA? I never need to use it but out of curiosity, what is the main purpose of it? Does it have to do something with harmonics? Does it backtest indicators?

AUDUSD 2008 and AUDUSD 2013

same harmonic pattern in Price and Time...for now!

Does audusd will repeat the past after 5 years cycle?

may be....

Files:
aud_2008.gif  40 kb
aud_2013.gif  34 kb

carbonmimetic:
AUDUSD 2008 and AUDUSD 2013

same harmonic pattern in Price and Time...for now!

Does audusd will repeat the past after 5 years cycle?

may be....

Great observation carbon I suppose this kind of thing happens on every pair. Harmonics rock!

EURGBP - Potential bearish bat.

Files:

RyuShin:
Great observation carbon I suppose this kind of thing happens on every pair. Harmonics rock!

not only on every pair but also on every time frame...this is the fractal nature of market!

GBPUSD 1h - Potential bullish bat.

Files:

RyuShin:
Isn't strategy tester for EA? I never need to use it but out of curiosity, what is the main purpose of it? Does it have to do something with harmonics? Does it backtest indicators?

It is good for EA back test, as well as, manual back testing of a strategy...

In visual mode the chart can be loaded with indicators and ran on historical data.

In order to actually register entries and results and to have statistics at the end of the test, while running the tester, one should load an EA on the tester EA line (I know of two: Manualtestfollowme.mq4 and LFH Trading Simulator 3.ex4 (with scripts). I am using these...

The biggest limitation I have seen in the past the lack of MTF while testing. Seems like it can be solved with the period converter and an additional offline chart feeding from the LTF test chart data .

This is the most powerful tool for beginners, as well as, for any new strategy testing in history .. almost like real life test.

The advantages are

- quick

- possible to back test months and years of data with 100% occasions

- objective when used with entries and tp/sl setting plus no peeping into the future

- statistics about performance generated automatically at the end of each test

The only real reason after testing in tester really need to be forward tested too, is the speed difference of history back test, i.e. the difference of having 10 trades in the test hour vs. waiting a week to have to entries...

Here I attach a screenshot where the ready to open a buy order script is selected (when clicked will be able to select lot size, TP and SL levels) adjustable any time later by just pulling those lines on the screen

I am struggling to use a standard HTF and I do not know why...that is why it is an H6

Files: