Metatrader known bugs ... - page 56

Ovo:
I may mention another bug in FileWriteStruct.
uint FileWriteStruct(

int file_handle, // File handle

const void& struct_object, // link to an object

int size=-1 // size to be written in bytes

);

They "correct" the maximal value of sizeargument to a length of declared struct_object argument. The trouble is, that in object-oriented programming the struct_object may be downcasted, therefore declaration may have different lenght than the structure.

This is the main reason (besides other misbehaviours) that I cannot use the MQL4 file handling in OOP code and I have to substitute it with the winapi file handling.

I don't think that we shall see a metatrader that is reliable as it used o be any time soon. With or without OO coding. It just has too much bugs in all the fields it is trying to cover, and that is making it kind of a "try it, if it works, it works, if not, oh well ..." or as one their moderator told "why are you trying to use it when it does not work" (he meant it as an excuse for metatrader and he did not even realize what did he tell)

mladen:
I don't think that we shall see a metatrader that is reliable as it used o be any time soon. With or without OO coding. It just has too much bugs in all the fields it is trying to cover, and that is making it kind of a "try it, if it works, it works, if not, oh well ..." or as one their moderator told "why are you trying to use it when it does not work" (he meant it as an excuse for metatrader and he did not even realize what did he tell)

Their only forum moderator is really useless.

Actually the part that enables OO syntax has been working surprisingly easy, from the very beginning. It still has a few ill-implemented bits, but they are not lethal and can be accepted as "mql features" (like class/struct definitions do not respect scope or casting in assignments may be omitted).

On other hand, they apparently have huge problems with implementing the (new) graphical commands. I am trying to avoid testing the graphics and I use very limited subset of it.

And what I really hate and I ever hated, is Metaeditor, the most unfriendly OO editor ever produced.

I must agree with you about the editor. And I do not know how, but they even succeeded making it worse than it was before (check the autocomplete that is case sensitive, or cases when there are "." in the name of the file and you try to save it, or ....)

WebRequest does not work OK when a port is specified too

Ovo:
Their only forum moderator is really useless.

Actually the part that enables OO syntax has been working surprisingly easy, from the very beginning. It still has a few ill-implemented bits, but they are not lethal and can be accepted as "mql features" (like class/struct definitions do not respect scope or casting in assignments may be omitted).

On other hand, they apparently have huge problems with implementing the (new) graphical commands. I am trying to avoid testing the graphics and I use very limited subset of it.

And what I really hate and I ever hated, is Metaeditor, the most unfriendly OO editor ever produced.

Only now that you brought it up noticed that they have left only one moderator - the one that knows the least about metatrader 4. Strange

techmac:
Only now that you brought it up noticed that they have left only one moderator - the one that knows the least about metatrader 4. Strange

Not strange. He was the one that was not able to answer anything - that is very useful for metatrader. Now nobody wants to ask anything and now it looks like all is OK (while people just got sick of asking and not getting any answer)

Bug with iMAOnArray() in strategy tester reported (apparently EMA and SMMA are wrong).

If you use it in your code, check it before relying to test results

checkin:
Bug with iMAOnArray() in strategy tester reported (apparently EMA and SMMA are wrong). If you use it in your code, check it before relying to test results

Hope it is just effecting on the back tester only and NOT live account..... Or it will mess up most of my signal....

checkin:
Bug with iMAOnArray() in strategy tester reported (apparently EMA and SMMA are wrong). If you use it in your code, check it before relying to test results

As usual, no answer to that question too - good old metatrader manners and professionalism

12BPRO:
Hope it is just effecting on the back tester only and NOT live account..... Or it will mess up most of my signal....

They work correctly when used in regular mode. The error is "only" in backtest mode. Bug in the strategy tester causes it - so, users are safe more or less, when using it in normal trading