Metatrader known bugs ... - page 89

That thing is really becoming the opposite of what it should be

Build 830 : testing indicators allows you to see parameters, allows you to enter a new value to parameter and then completely ignores what you have enter and reverts the parameter value to original. Useless for testing indicators

Today I had a case I did not have any time before:

Build 830. Doing nothing (not even mouse move). Chart started going wildly left then right, left then right, for ay least 15 seconds. An I did not touch the PC at the time

And no : no viruses, no spyware, firewall on (no intrusion - checked) ... only mt terminal decided to "shake it a bit"

checkin:
Today I had a case I did not have any time before:

Build 830. Doing nothing (not even mouse move). Chart started going wildly left then right, left then right, for ay least 15 seconds. An I did not touch the PC at the time

And no : no viruses, no spyware, firewall on (no intrusion - checked) ... only mt terminal decided to "shake it a bit"

Break dancing?

I have been experiencing event failures with 830 - I could not find the reason, but today I found it. So I am sharing kowledge for those who are losing time as I was.

The word is, that chart-change events, and probably some more events like end-edit, are not generated if the mouse is not above the chart. See, how the indicator based on the chart-change event fails when the mouse goes off the chart:

Ovo:
I have been experiencing event failures with 830 - I could not find the reason, but today I found it. So I am sharing kowledge for those who are losing time as I was.

The word is, that chart-change events, and probably some more events like end-edit, are not generated if the mouse is not above the chart. See, how the indicator based on the chart-change event fails when the mouse goes off the chart:

So generating custom events are worthless?

checkin:
Build 830 : testing indicators allows you to see parameters, allows you to enter a new value to parameter and then completely ignores what you have enter and reverts the parameter value to original. Useless for testing indicators

Odd, works for me in Strategy Tester. (FinFX Demo build 830)

Big Be

Templates in Strategy Tester

Build 830: The Strategy Tester no longer will put a Template on the chart or access the Template folders. It worked in Build 765. Does anyone know which build this stopped working? This is rather vital for manual backtesting. And for trading practice software I wrote.

Big Be

Big Be:
Odd, works for me in Strategy Tester. (FinFX Demo build 830) Big Be

Nope, it does not work

Indicators testing, not experts testing, and try to change the parameters of the indicator you are testing (not some indicator attached to a chart after the testing started). Metatrader official 830 build

checkin,

How do you run the Strategy Tester without basing it on an Expert?

I don't claim to know all about MetaTrader, and I missed that lesson.

Could you explain what you are doing?