Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 29

Mladen,

Attached is your work "TMAcentered & bands 2.01". It's a wonderful indicator with almost everything but MTF function. Can you spare some time adding the MTF to it? I do have another version of TMA with MTF but that one doesn't change color though.

Thank you very much.

wccmcd

tmacentered_amp_bands_2.01.mq4

mladen:
Here you go But, once again : TMA true has nothing in common with TMA (triangular moving average). Triangular moving average is a completely different average from linear weighted moving average. Whoever gave that name to that indicator is hugely misleading people

Hi Mladen!

do you have TMA true with mq5 version?

Elie

lello1231:
Hi Mladen!

do you have TMA true with mq5 version?

Elie

Elie

What is called "tma true" is actually linear weighted MA (LWMA) You have it as a regular moving average indicator in metatrader 5

wccmcd:
Mladen,

Attached is your work "TMAcentered & bands 2.01". It's a wonderful indicator with almost everything but MTF function. Can you spare some time adding the MTF to it? I do have another version of TMA with MTF but that one doesn't change color though.

Thank you very much.

wccmcd

tmacentered_amp_bands_2.01.mq4

Wccmcd, made it mtf.

Great work, Mrtools! Thank you very much for your time and efforts!

Thanks Mladen! i just tried it , applied to HLC/3 , but is it possible to add the bands based on ATR?

Br

Elie

lello1231:
Thanks Mladen! i just tried it , applied to HLC/3 , but is it possible to add the bands based on ATR?

Br

Elie

Elie,

Some average (usually SMA) + atr is what is known as Keltner channel. There are already multiple Keltner channel versions

Okay thank you! i will look for it)

mrtools:
Wccmcd, made it mtf.

Thanks so much for making the indicator MTF. I've been using this indicator in conjunction with the TMA+CG, which I prefer--but the TMA+CG doesn't have the changing color center line.

Can I ask you guys to take a look at the TMA+CG again to put in a changing color line with the slope change? mladen's prior message says the TMA+CG indicator is maxed out of buffers, already using 7 buffers and there's no room to put a changing line in. I looked at the code and I only see 5 buffers used--but I'm very much a non-programmer, so I may not understand how the other 2 buffers are defined and used.

Much thanks for your efforts and patience!

40mitch:
Thanks so much for making the indicator MTF. I've been using this indicator in conjunction with the TMA+CG, which I prefer--but the TMA+CG doesn't have the changing color center line.

Can I ask you guys to take a look at the TMA+CG again to put in a changing color line with the slope change? mladen's prior message says the TMA+CG indicator is maxed out of buffers, already using 7 buffers and there's no room to put a changing line in. I looked at the code and I only see 5 buffers used--but I'm very much a non-programmer, so I may not understand how the other 2 buffers are defined and used.

Much thanks for your efforts and patience!

40Mitch, if you look it the init() part of the indicator code you will see it is using a total of 7 buffers,5 for indicator drawing and an extra 2 are needed for calculations.