Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 27

wccmcd:
mladen

very understandable for that.

--what about a HMA style MACD, have you ever seen it before ?

wccmcd

I havent but I guess it is because combining recalculating values into one indicator would make a kind of a super- recalculating indicator

Without kidding, MACD is a typical signaling indicator and I doubt that making a MACD using Hodrick/Prescott filter would be a good idea bearing in mind that we should not use recalculating indicators in signaling mode

Dear funny mladen,

"a super- recalculating indicator"...LOL... funny...

ok, let's back to TMA. I have this so called "TMA TRUE" indi and I understand it's a LWMA with 2 ATR 100 bands. Whatever it's been called, I wonder if you can add a shift function for it -- I found that shifting a MA sometimes is very helpful. Attached is the indi.

mladen:
wccmcd

I havent but I guess it is because combining recalculating values into one indicator would make a kind of a super- recalculating indicator

Without kidding, MACD is a typical signaling indicator and I doubt that making a MACD using Hodrick/Prescott filter would be a good idea bearing in mind that we should not use recalculating indicators in signaling mode

tma_true_v2.mq4

Files:

wccmcd:
Dear funny mladen,

"a super- recalculating indicator"...LOL... funny...

ok, let's back to TMA. I have this so called "TMA TRUE" indi and I understand it's a LWMA with 2 ATR 100 bands. Whatever it's been called, I wonder if you can add a shift function for it -- I found that shifting a MA sometimes is very helpful. Attached is the indi.

tma_true_v2.mq4

Here you go

But, once again : TMA true has nothing in common with TMA (triangular moving average). Triangular moving average is a completely different average from linear weighted moving average. Whoever gave that name to that indicator is hugely misleading people

Files:

Mladen you really fast.

I understand this so-called "true" is totally different from the centered TMA - different method of calculating.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the excellent coding work!!

mladen:
Here you go But, once again : TMA true has nothing in common with TMA (triangular moving average). Triangular moving average is a completely different average from linear weighted moving average. Whoever gave that name to that indicator is hugely misleading people

wccmcd:
Mladen you really fast.

I understand this so-called "true" is totally different from the centered TMA - different method of calculating.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the excellent coding work!!

wccmcd

It is not different just from the centered TMA. It is not a TMA at all (not even the regular TMA). It is a simple LWMA and should not be called TMA at all.

mladen,

Regarding TMA Centered Bands, Is it possible to display pip distance for top and bottom band from current price? For example, for Top band, how far away it is from current Ask price and same thing for bottom band (Bid Price). I have attached a sample screenshot. I have also attached the TMA Centered version I am using.

If you don't have time, will you be able to direct me to a resource where I can learn some programming tricks to do it myself?

Thank you,

Fez

Files:
tma_sample.png  36 kb
tma.mq4  9 kb

Hello, I`m trying to code my own EA using TMA. I have searched throughout the code of TMA, but can`t find the last result of the lines to be as integers. Can you please help me. I`m a little new to coding. Thank you

ivoes:
Hello, I`m trying to code my own EA using TMA. I have searched throughout the code of TMA, but can`t find the last result of the lines to be as integers. Can you please help me. I`m a little new to coding. Thank you

ivoes

What does the "last result of the lines to be as integers" mean?

mladen,

I think he might be referring to "Value 2" and "Value 3" (See screenshot). Basically which variable in the code store these values of latest bar and how to store them as integers.

Files:

bose3:
mladen,

I think he might be referring to "Value 2" and "Value 3" (See screenshot). Basically which variable in the code store these values of latest bar and how to store them as integers.

bose3

If it is that, there is no variable that those values are stored in. Those two values are calculated as tma+atr and tma-atr and are directly stored to 2nd and 3rd buffer (they can be accessed using those 2 buffers)