Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 11

yesterday, the indicator shoot through the 3 lines

now it is still above the upperline -- red one on top

I am waiting to enter eur/aud again on 1H, when it touch the red line or shoot up

see whether this indicator will give us better entries

Cycle-tma-end-point

Hello mladen, please does the cycle tma end-point on post 27 repaint or recalculate ? Thanks for your invaluable service.

It does not

You also should know exactly what it is and the closest description would be a MACD of LWMA (linear weighted moving average, since, as it is explained at the beginning of this thread, linear weighted moving average is an end-pointed centered TMA) and you should use it like that : a MACD with all its pros and cons

Here is one comparison of a cycle tma end-point and regular MACD with periods set to be the same. Sometimes LWMA MACD is faster and sometimes classical (EMA) MACD is faster, so it depends what kind of trading are you looking for what should you use

winner246:
Hello mladen, please does the cycle tma end-point on post 27 repaint or recalculate ? Thanks for your invaluable service.
Files:
macd_2.gif  35 kb

Cycle-tma-end-point

Hello mladen, thanks for your promt response. I noticed the histogram slope is giving good momentum signals and i am back testing it to see if its reliable enough to be added as an additional momentum filter. Once again thank you very much.

mladen:
:):):)

The magic of it Anyway, here you go. And for all : please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241 for an explanation of centered triangular moving average

Hello, Mladen.

Pleaese, can you add into mql4 MTF version of TMA, central changing color line , like in mql5 version?

Thanks, Den.

Percent of data in envelope

Hi Mladen,

Is it possible to modify the TMA bands so that you can select percent of price data to be within the bands e.g. 93% of data to be in bands?

Thanks

mladen:
Since it was made so long ago and since some are already building systems around it, here it is (I think elite section members won't mind). Whatever was told for centered triangular moving average is valid for this indicator too : do not use it in any kind of signaling mode. It is meant to be used for estimations only

PS: the above settings are 50,0,100,2 (the longer the atr period, the smoother the bands are)

PPS: that is it's original name from the beginning. I never called it TMA bands and was always telling people what I said in the first paragraph of this post about how to use it and what it does

Reading Millard and Hurst

For start try using the one posted by mrtools at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842/page41 . That way you can "guestimate" by setting the envelopes. Otherwise it would need constant recalculation of all the bars (not just the last half period bars) and that would make it very CPU intensive

tradewiser:
Hi Mladen,

Is it possible to modify the TMA bands so that you can select percent of price data to be within the bands e.g. 93% of data to be in bands?

Thanks

midline request

mrtools:
Maybe someone can use these, they are very similar to the Tma Centered bands but instead of using atr for the distance between the mid ma it using a deviation same as like envelopes. They are mtf with alerts that should happen when price leaves the bands and reenters.Looking at the picture wondering if the Yen might be regaining strength next week.After saying that reminding these envelopes can be wickedly deceiving so please be careful with them.

Hi Mr Tools,

Thanks much for this version of TMA!!! Is it possible to add a midline?

Thanks

TCT

trendchangetrader:
Hi Mr Tools,

Thanks much for this version of TMA!!! Is it possible to add a midline?

Thanks

TCT

Hello TCT,

Thanks for the midline idea added it to this version.

Ok, got it. Thanks for your help.

mladen:
Reading Millard and Hurst For start try using the one posted by mrtools at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842/page41 . That way you can "guestimate" by setting the envelopes. Otherwise it would need constant recalculation of all the bars (not just the last half period bars) and that would make it very CPU intensive