RDB & RTL system - page 7

thanks for the info Newdigital looks like alpari has tighter spreads. Will look for any issues surrounding Racscaves next trade on this alpari setup. i think there was a delay because it was a stop buy.

The demo account i am using at Alpari...how do i know its ECN?

Thanks Sean

From my experience and discussions with 'support' it seems any delay in the order being executed (presuming there is no connection or lag delays) is due to potential price mismatches between signals providers account and buyers account. RAS apparently tries to get in at the same price and will not enter a trade if there is significant (I don't know how this is measured or defined exactly) price difference between sellers recorded price and buyers. This can cause time delay.

I have noticed that this has a great affect on scalping trades for obvious reasons. Personally I keep a track of all trades that I had executed and all trades recorded by signal provider and compare them for a period before going live - which from the sounds of it is what the 'clone' facility does.

Therefore maybe New Digital can set up a clone with Aplari UK so you can assess how the performance varies compared to Rac's signals...I guess the best way would be to use the same broker as Rac?

From recording Rac's signals against my own (only 1 week) I did notice a difference in results - as metioned above this is more noticebale in trades which are exited very quickly (normally at breakeven by Rac) and for a small loss by me and also during Asian markets rather than Euro zone / US. The results didn't materially affect the net profit achieved but by montoring you can assess a potential additional 'factor' into the performance and expected results. I went live on a VPS from last night so will see if that has a positive affect.

But as I mentioned getting RAS to run a clone on your account and comparing it to what you achieve (on the same account) could be useful as there should be no difference.

Therefore maybe New Digital can set up a clone with Aplari UK so you can assess how the performance varies compared to Rac's signals...I guess the best way would be to use the same broker as Rac?

Hi lovejoy80,

As I see - Linuxser installed the clone. It is here:

RDB & RTL Clone | Rent a Signal

I do not know which broker he is using. Ask him.

I only know that he is using this VPS https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I can not install the second clone becase it should be 1 clone only. Anyway - the link is here: RDB & RTL Clone | Rent a Signal

So, I am installing the clones using elite servers (dedicated servers), Linuxser - using VPS.

It can be 1 clone per signal only.

newdigital:
Hi lovejoy80,

As I see - Linuxser installed the clone. It is here:

RDB & RTL Clone | Rent a Signal

I do not know which broker he is using. Ask him.

I only know that he is using this VPS https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I can not install the second clone becase it should be 1 clone only. Anyway - the link is here: RDB & RTL Clone | Rent a Signal

So, I am installing the clones using elite servers (dedicated servers), Linuxser - using VPS.

It can be 1 clone per signal only.

Checked with him and it is FXDD - although the results are appalling compared to Rac's recorded results...looks like's something is wrong there, my results with Alpari UK and the same VPS mirrored Rac's and in fact am a few pips up over his so far this week.

lovejoy80:
Checked with him and it is FXDD - although the results are appalling compared to Rac's recorded results...looks like's something is wrong there, my results with Alpari UK and the same VPS mirrored Rac's and in fact am a few pips up over his so far this week.

Hi Mate,

Which VPS service are you using?

Cheers

John

jt2010:
Hi Mate,

Which VPS service are you using?

Cheers

John

forex-24h.com...it's the one advertised on here, I've never used VPS before and only went live this week, so can't really compare it to anything or provide any helpful comments. As long as it does what it's supposed to do then I'll be happy .

lovejoy80:

I'm not surprised, when I close trades manually (not by limit). I always try to close longs on an uptick and shorts on a downtick. That way if there is a few second delay you should get more pips than me (most of the time). Since last Friday, I always go RAS statistics page right after I close/open trades and noticed that It worked pretty good (almost no delay). Having said that, If someone's experiencing a delay it would be between RAS servers and subscriber's platform. Otherwise, the statistics page would show much different results from my results. On the other hand, I'm not sure about this clone system. It shows eurchf trade as closed, while I still have it running...

racscave:
I'm not surprised, when I close trades manually (not by limit). I always try to close longs on an uptick and shorts on a downtick. That way if there is a few second delay you should get more pips than me (most of the time). Since last Friday, I always go RAS statistics page right after I close/open trades and noticed that It worked pretty good (almost no delay). Having said that, If someone's experiencing a delay it would be between RAS servers and subscriber's platform. Otherwise, the statistics page would show much different results from my results. On the other hand, I'm not sure about this clone system. It shows eurchf trade as closed, while I still have it running...

The stats also show duplicated trades for some reason randomly (not just on yours) e.g. the AU trade - I presume looking at the times that you didnt open and close a trade within 6seconds for 15pips profit lol!

That is random about the EUR/CHF trade, I notice it opened it on Monday when the clone started...really it should have left it as it was opened last week. I still have that open too...waiting for some SNB intervention?! Some EJ trades were missed too.

I think last week I recorded a 10pip difference over the course of the week (there being over 200pips gained in total) so not material IMO, plus on VPS from this week so should be more accurate.

lovejoy80:
The stats also show duplicated trades for some reason randomly (not just on yours) e.g. the AU trade - I presume looking at the times that you didnt open and close a trade within 6seconds for 15pips profit lol!

That is random about the EUR/CHF trade, I notice it opened it on Monday when the clone started...really it should have left it as it was opened last week. I still have that open too...waiting for some SNB intervention?! Some EJ trades were missed too.

I think last week I recorded a 10pip difference over the course of the week (there being over 200pips gained in total) so not material IMO, plus on VPS from this week so should be more accurate.

Not sure what vps is and how it works, but I guess it won't matter much, once we start getting some bigger winners and let some run. It would be nice if RAS allowed traders to override stops and targets.

I just placed a limit buy for eur/jpy and at the same time refreshed orders list on RAS website.

It took a split of a sec. to refresh it and the limit order was already in. Not bad.

Files:
test_1.jpg  26 kb