RDB & RTL system - page 2

Broker

Hi racscave!

I joined your signal and RAS yesterday.

I think from what I can see that our brokers have sometimes significantly different prices. I get a lot of "invalid stops" errors, and the SL and or TP doesn't record, and often the trade errors and does not enter.

Also, I have only had one trade so far with you in the past day, and it made only 2 or 3 pips, where you made 20 pips, which was on RAS # 546394. No other trades were entered on my platform.

What broker do you use? It seems that the best performance would be to be on the same broker, so that we match prices and thus more accurate entries and exits.

Hi islandTrader.

I'd understand this can happen if someone scalps within very short period of time. For the particular trade, the open and close were an hour apart. Not sure why that happened...For the purpose of RAS I use fxdd.

RAS is installed on a dedicated trading station with 10meg internet pipeline, so I don't think the issue was with either resources or bandwidth, at least on my end. Make sure your RAS is installed on a dedicated PC and you have good internet connection. Let's hope this was an isolated incident.

There will be many more trades which will run for more than a day. If the similar occurred, I'd be definitely worried.

r

islandTrader:
Hi racscave!

I joined your signal and RAS yesterday.

I think from what I can see that our brokers have sometimes significantly different prices. I get a lot of "invalid stops" errors, and the SL and or TP doesn't record, and often the trade errors and does not enter.

Also, I have only had one trade so far with you in the past day, and it made only 2 or 3 pips, where you made 20 pips, which was on RAS # 546394. No other trades were entered on my platform.

What broker do you use? It seems that the best performance would be to be on the same broker, so that we match prices and thus more accurate entries and exits.

512 pips per week is not so bad

Hi Racscave

Apparently having a look into the RAS stats on Racscave EA it gave 512 pips per week in 5 weeks running.

You told us that you expecs 5-10% profit monthly.

I miss something or 512 pips is a lot more than 10% monthly...

Furthermore, the graphic in RAS stats says that:

Deposit $1000

Balance 27000

Equity 27000

Annual ROI 35415%

All that in 5 weeks !!!

RDB & RTL | Rent a Signal

What is true ? What is wrong? I miss something?

Thanks

racscave:
You're correct Josep.

I had stated in the system overview that stops can be as small as 50 and as large as 380pips when I registered system with RAS. I have just updated first post here as well. Position size/drawdowns should always be calculated on the maximum stop, trader is willing to accept.

many pips.

r

Can the user set the stop loss amount to be used by EA automatically?

What is sure is that with smaller SL the expected results might even turn into losses or at least quite different expectations.

josep:
Hi Racscave

Apparently having a look into the RAS stats on Racscave EA it gave 512 pips per week in 5 weeks running.

You told us that you expecs 5-10% profit monthly.

I miss something or 512 pips is a lot more than 10% monthly...

Furthermore, the graphic in RAS stats says that:

Deposit $1000

Balance 27000

Equity 27000

Annual ROI 35415%

All that in 5 weeks !!!

RDB & RTL | Rent a Signal

What is true ? What is wrong? I miss something?

Thanks

Yes, the goal is 5-10% based on my account size, not on RAS calculations.

I'm not 100% sure how RAS calculates ROI, but for sure It would be not very wise idea to trade 1lot on $1000 deposit.

To fully estimate the value of a system we have to look at at least 6months performance. 5 weeks is nothing; this is why I wish RAS had a feature that allows potential subscribers to test system for at least few weeks before subscribing. Pasts results can't never and are not guaranteed. If someone guarantees you results, they're being dishonest.

Before anyone subscribes, I'd prefer that traders 'paper trade' the system for at least 6-8 weeks to see if it fits them.

josep:
Can the user set the stop loss amount to be used by EA automatically? What is sure is that with smaller SL the expected results might even turn into losses or at least quite different expectations.

I'm sure it can be done, I don't know how.

and yes expected results would be different.

racscave:
Hi islandTrader.

I'd understand this can happen if someone scalps within very short period of time. For the particular trade, the open and close were an hour apart. Not sure why that happened...For the purpose of RAS I use fxdd.

RAS is installed on a dedicated trading station with 10meg internet pipeline, so I don't think the issue was with either resources or bandwidth, at least on my end. Make sure your RAS is installed on a dedicated PC and you have good internet connection. Let's hope this was an isolated incident.

There will be many more trades which will run for more than a day. If the similar occurred, I'd be definitely worried.

r

Hey racscave,

You are right to question the connection, but I have a dedicated server with near 100% up time. I run my own server, so it is unlikely the issue. I looked at my logs and it looks like RAS might be missing some signals, but I haven't isolated the problem yet. I have two trades open from your signal on USDCAD, but it missed the middle one, #548100. I checked the log, and only 2 "buy market" were issued by RAS. So I agree with the consensus that RAS is dropping signals. They need to be made aware of this problem and let us know that they are working on a solution. Anyway, glad to be on board with you, racscave, and good trading!

Hey re

comments

I am running 2 signals on RAS. When the trade is opened, I can see in the comment field the # of your signal, and the RAS trade number. Later, this disappears and is replaced by "from #xxxxxxx", which is my broker trade number. Is there any way to re-establish the comment from your end, or is this controlled only by RAS (which is probably the case)?

islandTrader:
I am running 2 signals on RAS. When the trade is opened, I can see in the comment field the # of your signal, and the RAS trade number. Later, this disappears and is replaced by "from #xxxxxxx", which is my broker trade number. Is there any way to re-establish the comment from your end, or is this controlled only by RAS (which is probably the case)?

It is controlled by ras.

dropped trades

Linuxser of RAS is looking into the problem. One thing that I didn't consider was the the buyer_stp_broker = true should be set. The dropping of trades has stopped for now, and all seems well.

Exclusive Returns LTD has been pretty quiet today, and no active trades. So hard to say if the trades will be relayed by RAS correctly when they get busy again.

islandTrader:
...One thing that I didn't consider was the the buyer_stp_broker = true should be set. The dropping of trades has stopped for now, and all seems well.

This is valuable information. I didn't know that myself.

thanks islandTRader.