Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 73

bnbb2004:
Lordsfxt or anyone else, What other filter could be used to avoid this fakeout?

hi, could you post your support/resistance indicator?

support/resistance indicator

camisa:
hi, could you post your support/resistance indicator?

It was already posted in this thread. Here it is

Files:
screenshot.gif  54 kb

Masps

masps:
Hey, I download it from here but now is gone... is not in the thread. Anyway, here it is.

Have been reading this thread. Intresting and fortunately still lively and brimming with ideas.

The " renko block charts" thread from where you got your renko EA has for the moment dried up.

All the same, I think it was you that mentioned that V2.1 repaints. All renko " scripts " repaint.

Consider for a moment how renko blocks are built and the limitations of MT 4 platform. Renko blocks work best when built off tic ( pip )data. MT 4 does not provide historical pip data. The next best alternative is 1M bars. The programming coverts 1M data to renko blocks for your defined size ( historical ) but then, when in use it updates it with the incomming tic data. While your platform is running, blocks are being formed in the way that it should be ( in a perfect world ). If you shut your platform and restart you are back to 1M historical, till the present and then tics will update future blocks.

Unless you are willing to pay for a historical tic data feed or if you find a fx broker that provides historical tic (pip ) data we will just have to live with what we have and make the appropriate allowances. Despite this, strategies can still be tested give or take a few pips.

Hope this help explain the discrepencies. At least that's the way I read it.

USdivers

usdivers:
My trigger for intraday is mainly the max bars, if it breaks past .04 either short or long, as long as the current renko blocks agree. Here you can see I got a quick 30 pips trading it this way in the asian session.

Can't dive any more. Health drawback. Anyway I see that you use the Proability meter. Could you tell me how hardware intensive is this. How much memory does it require. As it is I am running flat out on my beat up old computer. I have the meter but have still to use it or even install it. How much does it help and how successfully is it in choosing the appropriate pairs to trade.

Thanks

Masps, Lords et all

Do you'll still use the XPMA indicator? I see it on some screen postings but no mention if it is still being used in trading or has been dropped.

What i see is a simple concept and trading method being made overly complex with a hunt for indicators to get 100% correct trades. That's what dreams are made of. The trading reality is I will settle for a system that has a positive expectancy. Couple that with good money management and one does not have to worry about being laid off or unemployment.

I had been using Renko V2.1 with stocasticks but like xpma better. Buy on colour change and matching block, sell on colour change. Place 2 x block size traded SL and TS for safety. Simple. Not 100% but catches the big trends.

In visual backtesting I see that sideways market yeald at the max 5 cosecutive losses before a long trend. I wish I knew how to test this futher. I am not a programmer and do not know the ins and outs of MT 4. this could lead to a trading strategy like adding 1 to lot size being traded ie. .2 becomes .3 after 2 or 3 or 4 losing trades. But before implementing something like this one needs to analyse how many 2,3,4 etc. concecutive loosing trades there are. This is an, always in the market concept that is appliable in renko because of it's filtering ability. Not too many indicators needed since one is filtering a filter prior to placing a trade. It is not the same for bar or candle stick trading. Now to develop a trading EA for this.

Jim Clark:
Hi mart-hart,

thanks for answer. Sorry, yes, that was clearly too little information.

So, I use 10 pippricebar or Renkolivechart, both scripts. Usually in 2 or 10 min charts offline. Every time I leave and re-start MetaTrader then offlinechart is frozen. Precisely at the point where I MT had to leave. Thus I must always generate a new offline chart. What can I do to the offline chart does not stop and works normaly as every other Chart. You see the screen shot, on top is Offlinechart 10pippricebar is frozen at 16:52 (here I leave MT) and below is "normal" 1 Min. Chart (after new start at 18:54). Normally both should be current. What can I do ??? Thanks in advance.

Try the script in the experts folder and attach it as a expert.

Tick the

Allow live trading

Allow DLL Imports

And make sure you have the smile face as with all ea's

The charts will load up on start up this way.

mart

Excellent

Orinin:
Ok..Tq GF, Only now I know how to attach. Here there are:

What version of the bb macd are you using? What is the name of that bb macd

version.

You are using the sFractals indicator with support and resistance.mq4

on your charts as well?

thanks!

GF

kerty9:
What stoch setting you use for this indicator? 30,10,10?

Hi lordsfxt ,

Yes, I also need to know. W hat's your setting for stoch crossing? is it default 30,10,10? Or else?

Thanks for your reply.

Stoch

He is using 8 3 3 I like that and also, depending on block size

I also like 20 3 3

GF

richdragon008:
Hi lordsfxt ,

Yes, I also need to know. W hat's your setting for stoch crossing? is it default 30,10,10? Or else?

Thanks for your reply.