Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 280

I have one question. Can EA run on renko chart like on normal chart, or must have different code?

Nothing is different, it works like on a normal chart

The Renko EA runs on live chart TF M1 but prints bars on offline charts. The Renko indicators work the same way.

Hermes

hermes:
The Renko EA runs on live chart TF M1 but prints bars on offline charts. The Renko indicators work the same way. Hermes

The biggest difference is that you can attach only one EA version to a chart, while you can attach as much as mt supports of the indicator version (provided that you use different parameters settings). That way no need for multiple opened charts just to have an EA attached to it (and even a regular EA can run on such a chart without interfering with offline chart data generating).

Since nothing has to be done without a tick for the target symbol, there is no need at all to make an EA to generate offline chart(s). Probably the only case when it would be better to make it as an EA is when multiple symbols data are combined into one offline chart (like the Basket8 offline chart for example, when the ideal would be to make it work on tick as well as on timer, but since for now, the new metatrader 4 dos not allow setting timers, it has to be simulated using sleep function in an EA - sleep function does not work in indicators)

Hope help me. After upload template and Indi but don't have at terminal. Can help me give complete mt4 terminal already template and indi. Thank you

dailytrade:
Hope help me. After upload template and Indi but don't have at terminal. Can help me give complete mt4 terminal already template and indi. Thank you

You have to place files in two places... as well as old places, you have to duplicate them in the MQL4 area...

Try that..

Here is my version of Bill Williams with Semaphore and 5 pip blocks.

Not very scientific but practical.

One thing about the Renko charts. it is difficult to fail..!!

Thanks to Nick and Forex TSD for maintaining this thread which contains tons of great charting ideas. Thanks also to the many contributors that have added so many ideas.

daveM

Files:

Offs1987:
Congrats for your success, really.

Is wonderfull to see people who don't have great resources, how they achieve success. And no happy with that, now you help other people, awesome

For my part, I have made my own semi-automatic system, because I don't have actually much time, and I cant left my job hehe. Not bad results, but im also working on a 100% auto system.

We all know tests on renko are not as real, that's why I have programmed my own personalized renko bars, and with that, bars open and close correctly on tests, not like the old renko tests. I think I will insist until it work on real time hehe.

I credit Nick with bouncing back after having had some struggles.... To me it makes him much more credible than some dude preaching.

The reality is, we can all get clobbered in trading. and many give up whereas Nick has bounced back more than once.

For that I salute him.!

skatedude:
Ok, I hope I'm not double posting here...since my previous post kinda vanished: Would someone take a look at besttrend's code and tell us if it repaints? It's showing impressive results on renko charts.Thanks

You have posted decompiled software... I would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting stolen software in this thread

Thank you

I've got hundreds of indicators (3 years of collecting, most of them I got from WWI) whose sources I'm unaware of. Just found it in my custom indicator list and wondered if I can make smth of it. If that should happen again in the future, rest assured, it's not a deliberate act.