Eurusd/gbpusd - page 106

Gazmeistergeneral:
thinking the same thing - please don't give up mate - maybe its a good thing that you go to the lowest point if you know what I mean. i'm going to review my system this w/e and will pm you my findings - please feel free to use. paper trade and once you make money for 2 months straight, you are ready (for small account).... Gaz

fyi, i've been in this game for the same sort of time and only started breaking even and then making small amount since start of year. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! tell yourself you'll win and you will!!!!

Gaz

I'll miss IMARCHI if he does't post! He is part of the family!

firscall:
I had the ride the winners mentality for most of the morning and saw too many green pips turn into red ones. I felt compelled to close it just to bring me back to break-even. I usually use a trailing stop. I certianly expect the price to go to 4193 but closed at 4199. I feel bad but at the same time the account is back to BE for the day. Is closing the trade to bring the account back to breakeven a valid reason?

well, we both know and understand cost of doing business (regardless of how our emotions actually get in the way of that fact) and long term its better to take small hits and get a few home runs. I think the 5% truly understand that and thats what puts them there - they probably have the same technical knowlegde as us BUT they follow the rules to a tee and roll with the punches....at the eod you would have broke even on that trade today but what about tomorrow, and the day after etc etc might have been a boomer!!

Gaz

firscall:
I'll miss IMARCHI if he does't post! He is part of the family!

damn right!!!! no-one leaves the family!!! lol

we need good guys (and gals lol) posting on this thread regardless of experiance who are willing to learn and also share.

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
fyi, i've been in this game for the same sort of time and only started breaking even and then making small amount since start of year. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! tell yourself you'll win and you will!!!! Gaz

I have been trading a approx' 8 years. For the most part it has been quite traumatic. Blew through accounts like it was fun. Started to break-even about 3 years ago when I went full-time. Since then I have made quite consistent profits on a monthly basis (even if it is 10 pips!) but still operating vastly below my potential. Please don't give in IMARCHI...stick at it on a demo account until you regain confidence and capital.

Don't give up

IMARICH1:
IMAPOOR1 has been watching and reading.....

Got into some bad trades and ....well that's all that needs to be said....

I have not traded in over a day or so...and honestly really can't do to much with my account size...its pathetic!...

I had seen all these indicators being posted and read about them...but I figured I would let the pros figure out what really works...........I studied Gartley Patterns and have a book that was not easy to get....but man there are so many things to know with all that....I watch some of these patterns work and some don't......honestly, my thought is the BIG Boys are going to do what they want.

I wish you all the best in this venture...I have been at this for 5 years and cant make anything consistent and I even took a year off in this arena to clear my head when I lost my account.....that's another story based on Bank Trading.....yea, the person was in the know.....just sometimes he was in the know where the MM were at.....

So I am here...but there is nothing really for me to add to all the things you guys know...take care......and goodluck!

YOU Always can add much when time is come!!

Don't give up bro, Stay with us we will success togeather

I keep play with my small account for 2 years and i hope if things goes as i plan will open nice one next year on April

It's mind game and need 1-Practice 2-Patient 3-Passion to win "PPP":-)

firscall:
I have been trading a approx' 8 years. For the most part it has been quite traumatic. Blew through accounts like it was fun. Started to break-even about 3 years ago when I went full-time. Since then I have made quite consistent profits on a monthly basis (even if it is 10 pips!) but still operating vastly below my potential. Please don't give in IMARCHI...stick at it on a demo account until you regain confidence and capital.

im 3 y in and at last loose.its not the system its the trader

firscall:
Speak for yourself buddy... It might have been a boom but what would have happened it went against me. Personally, I think it is wise to close a position to bring the account back to break-even even if it hurts to do it. I have no desire to blow my own trumpet but I make consistent profits usually over the week and most certainly over the month. So as far as I'm concerned I'm already in the 5%.

fair play mate, I will bow to your experiance as you have been profitable for much longer then I ! !

I guess its a case of whatever works for the individual hey?

interesting topic tho - I mean re what makes a 5% trader?

Gazmeistergeneral:
fair play mate, I will bow to your experiance as you have been profitable for much longer then I ! !

I guess its a case of whatever works for the individual hey?

interesting topic tho - I mean re what makes a 5% trader?

just closed GU @ 6391!!!! GET IN!!! my best trade for a while!! +47 pips!!

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
well, we both know and understand cost of doing business (regardless of how our emotions actually get in the way of that fact) and long term its better to take small hits and get a few home runs. I think the 5% truly understand that and thats what puts them there - they probably have the same technical knowlegde as us BUT they follow the rules to a tee and roll with the punches....at the eod you would have broke even on that trade today but what about tomorrow, and the day after etc etc might have been a boomer!! Gaz

Speak for yourself buddy...

It might have been a boom but what would have happened if it went against me, I more interested in protected my capital. Personally, I think it is wise to close a position to bring the account back to break-even even if it hurts to do it. I have no desire to blow my own trumpet but I make consistent profits usually over the week and most certainly over the month. So as far as I'm concerned I'm already in the 5%.

I also think small hits and small gains (as long as the percentage of winning trades is high) is a sound strategy. Trading for home runs has left many accounts devoid of resources. I type this as I watch the price continue down which p*sses me off but at the end of the day what matters for me is paying the bills, making sure my woman gets her luxuary and since I trade full time I don't have the luxuary of allowing me account to stay in the red for too many hours. That is why I went crazy on FF because I made 10 pips in a week! 95% of trader would be happy to break-even in a week.

I think I have answered my own questions....lol