My Forex Prediction using Advanced GET - page 89

From Elwave 6.2 with 3-3-3

Earlier I said, I will go through Elwave to see what it generates and keep readers informed.

I found one currency pair USDJPY from Elwave's Daily chart that is displaying a 3-3-3 formation ie Wave Degree: Cycle is showing a Wave 3 Down, Primary is also showing a Wave 3 Down and Intermediate is also showing a Wave 3 Down. In addition, it is having 3 consecutive EASI Negatives and 4 Downs Trends with probabilities over 60%.

From an article/book I read some time ago, this is one of the best combinations of wave degrees to trade???

Sorry for the inconvenience, readers have to go over to GY's thread to see the Elwave charts. They are Daily, H6 and H1 charts.

Joe

joe44:
How to get Elwave Going?

I presume you are familiar with exporting csv files from MT4 to your computer.

In Posting #755 Page 76 in this thread, Kenneth has attached a doc file showing the entire process of “converting” csv formats into Elwave formats.

And further, if you are also interested to know how to feed realtime datafeed from MT4 to Elwave, I suggest you go to GY's thread Modern Elliott Wave Trading using Elwave under Harmonic Trading – GY's Posting #182 where he gave guidance how to use DDE to link to Elwave.

Joe

Thanks

I found what I was looking for

kenneth37:
If the trading platform you are now using is MT4, no problem in exporting the historical data from MT4 to GET.

You refer to my Posting #728 Page 73 to Michaell56. In it, I have put down the procedure for doing this. In addition, I have also attached there a doc file containing snapshots of How To get GET Working with the data from MT4.

Enjoy yourself and remember to read up their User Guide manuals to get the most out of it.

If you are also interested to pursue Elliott Waves further, do a Google Search for "Elwave software".

I am using both softwares to do my stock market and forex trading.

Kenneth

Kenneth you have been a great help in getting started.

I do have a question tho, I have followed all your instructions and everything works fine but none of my charts have the price on them. What am I missing or what do I need to change to correct this? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere.

codybear:
Kenneth you have been a great help in getting started. I do have a question tho, I have followed all your instructions and everything works fine but none of my charts have the price on them. What am I missing or what do I need to change to correct this? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere.

No problem, Codybear. We are here in this forum to help one another in whatever way we can.

Can you attach whatever chart(s) you have, so that I can view them and let you know what is missing and/or how to go about displaying the prices.

Regards

Kenneth

kenneth37:
No problem, Codybear. We are here in this forum to help one another in whatever way we can.

Can you attach whatever chart(s) you have, so that I can view them and let you know what is missing and/or how to go about displaying the prices.

Regards

Kenneth

I got it to work fine in version 7.8. I am not sure why it will not in 9.1 so thats good enough for me.

Thanks

I will use it for confirmation.

Thanks for all you do and share

here is a daily chart of EU

Files:
eu_daily.jpg  142 kb

I have received a PM from Joe just now to say he will be busy today and would not be able to do any postings of GET charts and asks whether I can chip in to help. - No problem, Joe.

I have gone through the 8 currency pairs that Joe has and the only one that shows an interesting pattern is USDCHF which displays a Wave 3 Up with GET's 3 alternate wave counts to support it ie Original, Aggressive and Short Term.

I check the Daily chart for this pair in the MT4 platform. At time of posting, It is moving within a narrow range - trying to find its direction. Until it breaks out of this range, I will stay aside for the moment.

Kenneth

codybear:
here is a daily chart of EU

Codybear, you got the chart right.

For the 9.1 version, I have stopped using it as very often I got the message "not responding" - a waste of time trying to use it.

As a matter of interest, I like the chart that you put up in Posting #883. Would you like to tell us what software is it you are using to produce such an interesting chart.

Kenneth

My Trade for Today, Fri, Dec 11, 2009 - GBPJPY

Today, at Gmt 04:19 I BOUGHT 1 lot GBPJPY at 144.05 and SOLD at Gmt 05:10 at 144.62 making a gain of 57 pips or US$642.76 in 51 minutes.

Attached is the doc file showing the details of the transaction.

I am PMing to Joe to ask him to share with readers his analysis of this trade.

Kenneth

Files: