Pollan's indicators - page 13

cuongcali:
Can you share this system ? tks

Coungil .. to be honest this is not system it's more a chart on which I doodling with different indicators and settings.

altoronto:
Coungil .. to be honest this is not system it's more a chart on which I doodling with different indicators and settings.

Yup can you share your template with CCI settings ? tks again

Pollan Indicator

Clink, clink.....that was my two cents dropping on the table for discussion. I don't normally tinker with indicators that repaint, much less post many replies to forums about them. I just read and enjoy. This thread caught my eye and so I decided to chime in and toy with the pollan indicator.

The problem for me was to stabilize the repaint. What I did was to change the n value to n=1. Then I changed the color of the red and green lines to 'none'. Next I added a SMA of 2 to the indicator widow (not the chart window) and added a horizontal line at 0. Other settings for the MA was Simple, close, apply to first indicator. In the attachment, the top indicator window is my modified window for the pollan-indicator. At the bottom is an indicator widow without the 2SMA applied so you can see the slight difference.

The other indicators I am toying with are:

TMA bands.......the red and blue bands above and below price to show over bought and over sold prices

SHI Signal Arrow.........green and red arrows to alert to change in short term trend

SHI_SilverTrendSignal-Mod.......yellow and pink dots to confirm SHI arrows

4X 2010 Sema 4X.......red dot surrounded by green aura and green dot surrounded by blue aura, shows slightly longer trend.

RSI-LiDo........Default period = 5 (may want to toy with it. Value lines set at 75, 65, 35, 25 and a horizontal line at 50

Here is what I have been looking for at the close of a candle:

Time frame 30M, but you can try others.

Sema dots appear to signal change, preferably into the red or blue buy/sell zones of the TMA bands (notice how many trades bounce back and forth from one set of bands to the other.

Look for the pollan indicator to pass above or below the 0 line in the direction of the signaled reversal.

Confirm with the RSI-LiDo:

If Rsi has been above 75 line and and drops below 75 line and is pointing down.......confirmed sell signal

If Rsi has been above 65 line, but not the 75 line, and falls below the 65 pointing down.....confirmed sell signal.

Just the opposite for buy, if Rsi has been below the 25, then goes above the 25, OR if Rsi has been below the 35 line without going below 25, then goes above 35.....confirmed buy signals.

If Rsi goes above 50 line, then reverses below......sell signal confirmed

If Rsi goes below 50 line, then reverses above......buy signal confirmed.

Only look to candle that has just been closed, do not look at current candle being formed. With modifications, you will be surprised at how many times you will see a current candle forming and show a reverse in direction onlky to have it close and show a different signal.

If ne of the indicators show a signal then disappear (Silver trend will do that) that signal is now no longer valid, revert back to previous signal.

Now, more conservatively, you can just look at 4X 2010 Sema for trend and only trade in that direction until the next next Sema signal changes trend. Just exit when a SHI arrow/dot appears and pollan and RSI-LiDo confirm. Re-enter when all indicators agree to do so. You'll miss some trades, but after all isn't the game to have fewer losses for fewer pips and keep our win rate higher. If you understand money management and compounding, you only need 50-60 pips a day net to become very "comfortable" in a few short months!!

If anyone else has any comments or ideas on entry and exit, I'm willing to listen.........

Files:

basically this thread is all about magic, (logic!?). and i am true fan of magic!

i am still stick on pava's setting. when hiyieldrater2's pollan line cross each other, that my entry and pava's ssa line cross hiyieldrater2's pollan line, that my exit.

looking ahead for more research on it... may be we can find "holygrail" end of this thread!

please

el bee:
Clink, clink.....that was my two cents dropping on the table for discussion. I don't normally tinker with indicators that repaint, much less post many replies to forums about them. I just read and enjoy. This thread caught my eye and so I decided to chime in and toy with the pollan indicator.

The problem for me was to stabilize the repaint. What I did was to change the n value to n=1. Then I changed the color of the red and green lines to 'none'. Next I added a SMA of 2 to the indicator widow (not the chart window) and added a horizontal line at 0. Other settings for the MA was Simple, close, apply to first indicator. In the attachment, the top indicator window is my modified window for the pollan-indicator. At the bottom is an indicator widow without the 2SMA applied so you can see the slight difference.

The other indicators I am toying with are:

TMA bands.......the red and blue bands above and below price to show over bought and over sold prices

SHI Signal Arrow.........green and red arrows to alert to change in short term trend

SHI_SilverTrendSignal-Mod.......yellow and pink dots to confirm SHI arrows

4X 2010 Sema 4X.......red dot surrounded by green aura and green dot surrounded by blue aura, shows slightly longer trend.

RSI-LiDo........Default period = 5 (may want to toy with it. Value lines set at 75, 65, 35, 25 and a horizontal line at 50

Here is what I have been looking for at the close of a candle:

Time frame 30M, but you can try others.

Sema dots appear to signal change, preferably into the red or blue buy/sell zones of the TMA bands (notice how many trades bounce back and forth from one set of bands to the other.

Look for the pollan indicator to pass above or below the 0 line in the direction of the signaled reversal.

Confirm with the RSI-LiDo:

If Rsi has been above 75 line and and drops below 75 line and is pointing down.......confirmed sell signal

If Rsi has been above 65 line, but not the 75 line, and falls below the 65 pointing down.....confirmed sell signal.

Just the opposite for buy, if Rsi has been below the 25, then goes above the 25, OR if Rsi has been below the 35 line without going below 25, then goes above 35.....confirmed buy signals.

If Rsi goes above 50 line, then reverses below......sell signal confirmed

If Rsi goes below 50 line, then reverses above......buy signal confirmed.

Only look to candle that has just been closed, do not look at current candle being formed. With modifications, you will be surprised at how many times you will see a current candle forming and show a reverse in direction onlky to have it close and show a different signal.

If ne of the indicators show a signal then disappear (Silver trend will do that) that signal is now no longer valid, revert back to previous signal.

Now, more conservatively, you can just look at 4X 2010 Sema for trend and only trade in that direction until the next next Sema signal changes trend. Just exit when a SHI arrow/dot appears and pollan and RSI-LiDo confirm. Re-enter when all indicators agree to do so. You'll miss some trades, but after all isn't the game to have fewer losses for fewer pips and keep our win rate higher. If you understand money management and compounding, you only need 50-60 pips a day net to become very "comfortable" in a few short months!!

If anyone else has any comments or ideas on entry and exit, I'm willing to listen.........

can you post . tpl ?

debashis:
basically this thread is all about magic, (logic!?). and i am true fan of magic!

Magic like magic but ... After almost 5 years of 'market fighting' im still believing it's a harmony and some kind of mathematic order behind the markets' moves /not at news time /.

Must be a formula that can predict the next price wave with a high propability.

This one is not a magic but it reminds to the Hiyieldrater2 template (except that it does not use pollans indicator but simple rsi and moving averages) It was just an attempt to see can those results be simulated using different means. This is the result of it : they are not 100% same but they look similar (the biggest difference is in the minimum and maximum values reached). Might help in the exploration of this theme you guys are doing a bit

Files:

mladen:
This one is not a magic but it reminds to the Hiyieldrater2 template (except that it does not use pollans indicator but simple rsi and moving averages) It was just an attempt to see can those results be simulated using different means. This is the result of it : they are not 100% same but they look similar (the biggest difference is in the minimum and maximum values reached). Might help in the exploration of this theme you guys are doing a bit

Plz share your Template tks !

The template is from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179290/page6

For the indicator itself just used the default parameters values. The template was needed only for comparison (indicator is a standalone indicator)

cuongcali:
Plz share your Template tks !

Hello guys thank you for sharing your thoughts, gave me an array of ideas for my trading.

@mladen thats a good indicator, it's almost the same as pollan and schaff trend cycle as i earlier mentioned. i'd like to ask if is there a way to increase the sensitivity of the ma+rsi that it could generate crosses earlier?

Pollan-Rsi seem to exhibit that kind of feature where a possibility of reversal seem to pick it up in advance, lets say 2 to 5 bars ahead. I always wanted a stand alone indicator similar to pollan-rsi just like that Rsi-ma, it would be very useful.

I took a comparison between Pollan_rsi (upper window), Rsi-Ma (middle window), Schaff-trend (lower window).

its well evident pollan is already giving signal, Rsi-ma may generate it perhaps a few bars more, schaff just did at the current bar but sometimes this indicator is way too sensitive, giving off signals when pollan tend not to.

Files:
1.png  48 kb