Pollan's indicators - page 7

ZIGANI, #61, Is this what you mean?

mladen:
I know, I know :):)

Just be careful ... test it a lot before you decide if you can use it in trading.

Btw: thanks for posting it

Is this what you mean Zigani by changing the inital code? Or is it something else?

Anyway, I am not a programmer. I just changed the start of the code from a secondary window to

a "indicator_chart_window" on both the pollan.mq4 and the pollan-indicator.mq4. Here's what I got.

They are both stretched out versions of Pollan.

Does anyone know how to compress them so that they

fit around the candles like in the first post picture? (or 2nd picture in post #64)

The GreenRed444 is the better of the two. And if you

want less chance of a repaint, make nPeriod smaller, otherwise leave both at default.

Arrows in chart

Reeser:
Is this what you mean Zigani by changing the inital code? Or is it something else?

Anyway, I am not a programmer. I just changed the start of the code from a secondary window to

a "indicator_chart_window" on both the pollan.mq4 and the pollan-indicator.mq4. Here's what I got.

They are both stretched out versions of Pollan.

Does anyone know how to compress them so that they

fit around the candles like in the first post picture? (or 2nd picture in post #64)

The GreenRed444 is the better of the two. And if you

want less chance of a repaint, make nPeriod smaller, otherwise leave both at default.

Hi Reeser, what is the indicator behind these arrows in the chart? Zig Zag?

Indicator behind arrows in the chart?

rofranco:
Hi Reeser, what is the indicator behind these arrows in the chart? Zig Zag?

If you're talking about the red and green lines, that indicator would be pollan-indicator444GreenRed.mq4.

Pollan-indicator444GreenRed.mq4 is just the pollan-indicator.mq4 brought up to the main chart window instead of the 2nd window(and the yellow line changed to red).

If you're talking about the darker blue indicator, that's what they whole thread is trying to figure out.

If you notice where the pollan-indicator444GreenRed.mq4 crosses the candles is the same place that the darker blue line

crosses the candles. R:)

Rofranco, if you're asking about the blue and red arrows in post #63, then those are called "ReversalFractals".

pollan-indicator444GreenRed.mq4

downloaded this one (look interesting as I dunno what it try to say) -- 168 download is quite high

the other thick one seem to be GANN hi low indicator

-- this indicator, sometime it is green red, sometime it is red green

about 3 to 4 hours after the indicator appear (not sure repaint yet) , there seem to be a NEW TREND

i.e. is it a good point for entry (without knowing which direction to bet)-- got another statistics indicator that look better

maybe you could tell us HOW TO READ it , got any repaint issue, i.e. telling you to enter, then change it mind (repaint again soon) later

Finally it was found haha

...son of a GANN...

ellaboration please

ZIGANI:
change initial code, to bring the

heya could u please ellaborate

kind regards,

mladen:
Looking at the code, yes. But see what you get then :
Far from being easy to trade on something like that

hi mladen,

i'm testing it with nperiod=1 combined with cyclic settings. looks interesting, but needs some additional indi to combine with to have more reliable signals.

i made a small modification to avoid plotting of 2nd (redundant) line, and that's all what my coding skills allow i'm afraid...

my understanding is that using nperiod=1, the previous bar is potentially repainted. therefore, i kindly ask you if you could make an additional modification to avoid the plotting related to previous bar until a new bar is closed. this way, if i'm correct, using nperiod=1 the indi should not repaint. but of course it would 'lag' one bar.

thanks & regards

pollan-indicator_test.mq4

Hello everyone,

While i was browsing the forum, i stumbled on this pollan indicator. It looks promising however it is stated it repaints and undoubtedly it does "badly" after trying it out.

But somehow i wanted this indicator to work even it will change some aspects how it gives signal. I did some minor combination with other indicators and i came up with this solution. Its a no Brainer, i'm sure somebody already thought about this

Pollan indicator n=1 (i have set it to 1 to inhibit it from repainting) > Moving average Linear weighted 36 (set to previous indicator) > RSI 14 (set to previous indicator) > Moving Average SMA 14 (set to previous indicator)

The result is this

Here is the tricky part everything works in "Reverse", RSI goes down it basically means going bullish or under circumstance may consolidate; RSI crosses MA going up means selling or may consolidate. Its weird seeing it reversed unless somebody try to correct the code. i know its only a matter of exchanging parameters but i'm leaving that to the experts.

I tested this on 1 minute chart and it behaves well, you may see repainting 1 bar since pollan is set to n=1 but every Rsi cross can be verified accurately after 2 bars.

If anyone has any idea how to make this better please do share. I would love to see an MTF version of this if anybody can make one, it works well on that one.

Here is the template and the pollan indicator for your convenience

pollan_rsi_experiment.tpl

pollan-indicator_shift.mq4

it looks interesting on every timeframe except 15m...why? do you know?

Hiyieldrater2:
Hello everyone,

While i was browsing the forum, i stumbled on this pollan indicator. It looks promising however it is stated it repaints and undoubtedly it does "badly" after trying it out.

But somehow i wanted this indicator to work even it will change some aspects how it gives signal. I did some minor combination with other indicators and i came up with this solution. Its a no Brainer, i'm sure somebody already thought about this

Pollan indicator n=1 (i have set it to 1 to inhibit it from repainting) > Moving average Linear weighted 36 (set to previous indicator) > RSI 14 (set to previous indicator) > Moving Average SMA 14 (set to previous indicator)

The result is this

Here is the tricky part everything works in "Reverse", RSI goes down it basically means going bullish or under circumstance may consolidate; RSI crosses MA going up means selling or may consolidate. Its weird seeing it reversed unless somebody try to correct the code. i know its only a matter of exchanging parameters but i'm leaving that to the experts.

I tested this on 1 minute chart and it behaves well, you may see repainting 1 bar since pollan is set to n=1 but every Rsi cross can be verified accurately after 2 bars.

If anyone has any idea how to make this better please do share. I would love to see an MTF version of this if anybody can make one, it works well on that one.

Here is the template and the pollan indicator for your convenience

pollan_rsi_experiment.tpl

pollan-indicator_shift.mq4