_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 199

eA Thunder and Your_lucky

Hi i am a new comer here...pls let me see the account of the Your_lucky and Thunder EA forward test..tks.

bandikoot9:
Hello,

I am also with the same broker. I am in London so have set time parameters to open=22 close=6. Thios indicates starting to trade at 10.00 pm and ending 06.00 am. in other words you will trade Asian Time.

Mike

Thanks Mike .... I've changed the times and now just waiting to see what sort of results I get.

I'm not that impressed with the broker. If there is a marked change of direction of a currency they add an extra box asking 'are you sure you want to make this trade', rather than the just the buy or sell buttons on the order box. I've also noticed that the bid and ask differences seem to widen quite quickly at times.

This morning (Au time) I was short on GBP / USD and it would not let me move my profit point in the direction of the flow.

I'm glad it is just a demo account.

Strange problem with YourLucky V2

First off I'd like to thank RDB for this great EA. I was going to make a donation and move on to Thunder until last night. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any strange trades with YourLucky. My friends and I (on a VPS) have been using this EA for a few months now (live on FXPRO and FXDD). A couple of weeks ago my friend's Lucky started opening and closing trades in 1 minute increments for losses on each trade. The trade would open then exactly one minute later would close for a loss and then another would open up and do the same thing. He just happened to be watching it and was able to stop it after 20 consecutive trades. He deleted the EA, reloaded it and rebooted his MT4 and turned it back on and it started doing the same thing.

Well last night it happened to me also (ofcourse I was sleeping) and unfortunately it did 35 consecutive trades in 1 minute intervals and all were losses. Luckily (no pun intended) my lot sizes were fairly small (0.02) and it was my screwing around with account (FXDD) that I use for testing EAs and I only lost $70.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this issue? I have not changed any settings recently either. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved and kick some cash RDB's way and get rolling on Thunder.

Wayne

Problems with v2 or v2b?

Wayne,

Just to check and be precise, the problem that you experienced last night was it with version 2 or 2b?

Thanks,

wayneft:
First off I'd like to thank RDB for this great EA. I was going to make a donation and move on to Thunder until last night. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any strange trades with YourLucky. My friends and I (on a VPS) have been using this EA for a few months now (live on FXPRO and FXDD). A couple of weeks ago my friend's Lucky started opening and closing trades in 1 minute increments for losses on each trade. The trade would open then exactly one minute later would close for a loss and then another would open up and do the same thing. He just happened to be watching it and was able to stop it after 20 consecutive trades. He deleted the EA, reloaded it and rebooted his MT4 and turned it back on and it started doing the same thing.

Well last night it happened to me also (ofcourse I was sleeping) and unfortunately it did 35 consecutive trades in 1 minute intervals and all were losses. Luckily (no pun intended) my lot sizes were fairly small (0.02) and it was my screwing around with account (FXDD) that I use for testing EAs and I only lost $70.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this issue? I have not changed any settings recently either. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved and kick some cash RDB's way and get rolling on Thunder.

Wayne

You need to set the setting AccountProfitClose to false. This has been discussed a few pages back. I had the same problem and now it's fixed.

jasm:
You need to set the setting AccountProfitClose to false. This has been discussed a few pages back. I had the same problem and now it's fixed.

BTW I experience the same on Thunder 4W as well. I'll look for AccountProfitClose to false on that EA

jasm:

Huh. Don't know how I missed that as I usually keep up with all the posts. I just checked all our accounts and they are set to true. Still a little confused after reading the code why it does what it does but hey as long as it works!!

Thanks for the help all.

Wayne

Guys, I have testing this EA. What I see is that the forward tests and the backward tests for the same period wont tally. I checked it out the whole week and made something around 50 pips in forward testing.

Checked it out in the backward test for the same period ie last week it said I shoulda made something around 100 pips.

What are your thoughts on this??

stekmer:
Thanks Mike .... I've changed the times and now just waiting to see what sort of results I get.

I'm not that impressed with the broker. If there is a marked change of direction of a currency they add an extra box asking 'are you sure you want to make this trade', rather than the just the buy or sell buttons on the order box. I've also noticed that the bid and ask differences seem to widen quite quickly at times.

This morning (Au time) I was short on GBP / USD and it would not let me move my profit point in the direction of the flow.

I'm glad it is just a demo account.

Yes I am a bit worries about this Broker and possible manipulation. Pip and spread variation tend to be very erratic, with lag feed from time to time. Not sure what gives here.

Mike