_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 127

where did you find it ??

hazelj80:
Ahh think i found it!

.... and where did you find it ?

Juergen

Last night result is not good

crossy:
Hello, During the last 24 hours I saw in this thread almost 3 freinds or "freinds" who deal with writing down "A HARD STOP".

I think it is a very bad idea. I think that some of the brokers's self programs include a function for stoplosses hunting, and it does not metter if the stoploss is 100 pips up/down, you will see a spike , and RDB's code overcomes that function, so they are now in a very big problem.

Do not try to write down a HARD stoploss even it is 100 pips up/down. The chart will arrive it.

Hi Crossy,

I understand what you are saying. I don't like the idea of placing a stop on the broker's server either. And I agree that they will stop hunt and try to stop you out if your stop is placed close to the market.

Since you think that is such a bad idea, what do you suggest we should do about the problem if the broker disconnects you from their server, and your VPS or home PC where the EA is running cannot close the trade?

Should we have another MT4 platform open with another broker and when we see the price move 50 pips against us or more, we should call our broker by phone (and hope they pick up), and tell them to close our trades?

Or maybe we should just hope that we never lose a connection, (even though it happens all the time).

Or maybe when it does happen, and it will, that we should hope the price won't move against us too much during that time.

Or maybe we can just wait and hope our broker will "get the problem fixed" before our account is drained?

Forex trading is risky. Why make it more risky by just entering a trade and hoping everything works out like it should?

I will stand by for your solution to the problem,

PistolDave

no, last nights results were pretty bad, and it was my first night trading it live.

couldn't have been a worse start

The losses i made on my alpari account. I had my liteforex cent account running, too - it didn't make any losses, because it didn't make any trades - because they have widened the spreads due to the volatility.

Now I don't know anything about the coding of this ea yet.

But I had an idea that I wanted to share.

rdb, when liteforex widdens their spreads, it is actually protecting traders there, because the ea doesn't seem to be able to manage high volatility.

I don't know if it is already in your ea, but if not, couldn't you add a function that prohibits the ea to trade when high volatility is present?

The ea would probably make even less losing trades then.

bisecom:
Dear RDB,

Could you explain why today 3 trades were closed at SL around 60 pips instead of 28 or 32 pips?

Anybody has the same loses?

Regards.

I asked him same question becouse I picked it up in backtesting , turn off your arrange_stoploss.I actually foud very good settings for this system as I tested this EA over and over again.From 1 year back to 5 years back.

I will post settings later

CHEERS

bisecom:
Yes, I also had real loses! It was not good day for GBP!

Same here, loss almost half the account. What a bad day. This was good ea...thanks rdb... but from now on, i will use hard SL (ea fail to close several time and hit sl at 60+ today )and very small lot.

question either for rdb or whoever knows the answer

what are the main differences between your lucky v2 and thunder,why rdb you said you prefer thunder over your lucky v2?

rdb often said that he is not confortable to answer in english,here you are in indonesian

apa perbedaan utama antara petir dan v2,? dan alasan mengapa anda lebih memilih guntur v2 (your lucky)?

sorry for my indonesian

Thank You Bro... atas pertanyaannya dengan bahasa Indonesia... cape' translate terus... qqq...

Semua code Your_Lucky sudah Include dalam Thunder...

saya menggabung beberapa logic EA sehingga menghasilkan 3 signal Entry dan 3 Rule Exit dalam script Thunder...

dan semua code... saya tulis dan backtest dalam pengerjaan Thunder...

hasil dari penulisan tersebut kemudian diringkas menjadi Your_Lucky...

backtest menunjukkan, hasil yang diperoleh kedua EA tersebut sangat jauh berbeda... baik DD maupun Profit...

saya harap anda bisa mentranslate penjelasan ini... (cuapeeee' deeeeeee)

Fix code for Hard SL...

change Parameter :

change Hidden_SL and Hide_All and AutoRange_SL to Falseto get fix StopLoss...

double GetTP_Buy()

{

double TP=0;

if (Hidden_TP==true && Hide_ALL==false) {TP=Ask+xTakeProfit_FAKE*SetPoint();} else {TP=0;}

return(TP);

}

double GetSL_Buy()

{

double SL=0;

if (Hidden_SL==false && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Ask-xStopLoss*SetPoint();} else

if (Hidden_SL==true && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Ask-xStopLoss*1.4*SetPoint();} else {SL=0;}

return(SL);

}

double GetTP_Sell()

{

double TP=0;

if (Hidden_TP==true && Hide_ALL==false) {TP=Bid-xTakeProfit_FAKE*SetPoint();} else {TP=0;}

return(TP);

}

double GetSL_Sell()

{

double SL=0;

if (Hidden_SL==false && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Bid+xStopLoss*SetPoint();} else

if (Hidden_SL==true && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Bid+xStopLoss*1.4*SetPoint();} else {SL=0;}

return(SL);

}

Update on Post 1

this is backtest on TadawulFX (Spread EURGBP=3 pips)

_rdb_:
Fix code for Hard SL...

change Parameter :

change Hidden_SL and Hide_All and AutoRange_SL to Falseto get fix StopLoss...

double GetTP_Buy()

{

double TP=0;

if (Hidden_TP==true && Hide_ALL==false) {TP=Ask+xTakeProfit_FAKE*SetPoint();} else {TP=0;}

return(TP);

}

double GetSL_Buy()

{

double SL=0;

if (Hidden_SL==false && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Ask-xStopLoss*SetPoint();} else

if (Hidden_SL==true && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Ask-xStopLoss*1.4*SetPoint();} else {SL=0;}

return(SL);

}

double GetTP_Sell()

{

double TP=0;

if (Hidden_TP==true && Hide_ALL==false) {TP=Bid-xTakeProfit_FAKE*SetPoint();} else {TP=0;}

return(TP);

}

double GetSL_Sell()

{

double SL=0;

if (Hidden_SL==false && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Bid+xStopLoss*SetPoint();} else

if (Hidden_SL==true && Hide_ALL==false) {SL=Bid+xStopLoss*1.4*SetPoint();} else {SL=0;}

return(SL);

}

Update on Post 1

this is backtest on TadawulFX (Spread EURGBP=3 pips)

how did you get the data from them since jan 08?