Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 79

mladen:
Pip.

Doing just a guess work from the pictures I saw there

If you use short past bars sample you can get something very similar to what they are showing on their pictures (here is one example of a 350 bars used for past sample) :

With longer past bars sample the values are going to be much smoother (which is normal, there is more data that can be used to fit the result). Here is an example of a 1000 bars past bars sample used :

PS: this indicator uses, for the speed sake and CPU usage, Fourier extrapolation made as dll. So the the dll should be copied into libraries folder in order that the indicator works OK

PPS: decided to use ma instead of "raw" price for extrapolation. To use "raw" price, one should set the MaPeriod to 1

And the parroting part

All extrapolators recalculate and this one is no exception. Use it primarily for estimation

Perfect work as usual! This indicator does recalculate and if used correctly you can make a nice bundle of cash.

The version that i posted uses RSI by default. I tried to use other indi's but non produced adequate results and so using raw price would be interesting.

I will attempt to create a separate window version (although it would be nice if MT4 allows for a boolean to allow for that )

Mr. Pip...as you know my advanced coding skills are not cheap...Hope you saved a lot:)...in the mean time..I can provide unlimited amount of wonderful ideas...

Pip:
Perhaps you can contribute something constructive and do the coding to share with everyone for a change! BTW: i use an indicator that captures the screen shot automatically for me

Mladen...interesting extrapolation results on my renko chart...thank you...

Using the version Mladen posted made a version using TMA Centered, so along with the recalculatin of FF now the recalculation of TMA Centered so not sure how much use it will be.

I see the future! Spectral Analysis of Fourier Extrapolation of TMA Centered!...Thanks Mt. Tools...:)

Separate window version as promised.

All we need now is an MTF version

You will need the DLL file from post #780 HERE

Pava:
"a one-time fee today of $997" - I was just about to buy it...but thanks to Mr. Pip...another second & my account would be $997 smaller!...and remember similar systems "sell for as much as $10,000 to $15,000" and Forex Predictor "allowed Derek to turn $5k into $30,000 in 120 days!"...a little later Derek lost it all...but I reminded him to stay away from that woman!:)

Glad to have saved you some money, but i will accept donations

At any rate, at first glance at the commercial version of CPO the indi looked just too familiar to be something new. I started playing with FF (cause it looked the most similar to CPO) and i was able to re produce it to some degree. One thing that sealed the deal for confirming the CPO is based on FF is the following image capture from the sales video

At point 1 repeated buy signals that were generated when projection was actually pointing a bit up and then recalculated as price continued to drop at 1'. The last buy signal occurred after the drop had ended, price reached outer-band and started retracing

Points 2 and 2' show the same thing but in reverse (i.e. sell signals).

The MA cross indicator is used to filter the signals from the CPO indicator

Files:

this one is better than cpo.

Pip:
Separate window version as promised.

All we need now is an MTF version

You will need the DLL file from post #780 HERE

CPO uses RSI...which is a questionable choice...

Pava:
"a one-time fee today of $997" - I was just about to buy it...but thanks to Mr. Pip...another second & my account would be $997 smaller!...and remember similar systems "sell for as much as $10,000 to $15,000" and Forex Predictor "allowed Derek to turn $5k into $30,000 in 120 days!"...a little later Derek lost it all...but I reminded him to stay away from that woman!:)

As I see it, not that much the problem in price that guy asks (everybody can add a price tag to anything that he/she hopes to sell, if someone pays the asked amount that is another issue and a decision of the buyer) but in statements like "This I can promise you ..." and similar "stuff".

Fourier extrapolation is not a bad tool, but failing to say that it is that : an extrapolation that can (and will) change values when prices (values) change significantly enough, and that it can not be used as a "sure fire prediction" as it is stated there is a plain and simple scam.