Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 36

MiniMe:
Opps I did it again , and this time on public and when the market is dead

Sorry guys no teasing , I just got the detection part worked today so I am having so much fun with this . I'll be screwing the market very soon, its payback time

Pips:

You are in the right path but think outside the box , my advice is to keep it to yourself and pay yourself first , once its on public you lose your edge.

Nice call MiniMe!

Thanks for the advice, but i don't think i have anything major yet

By the way, in that "short" trade

Pip:
Nice call MiniMe!

Thanks for the advice, but i don't think i have anything major yet

By the way, in that "short" trade

Just take a quick scalp on that since its a very short cycle

Close call

Hi Minime,

I would like to ask how you chose AUDCHF for this example? This is one that I would not usually watch so I pulled up an hourly and daily chart and ran the cycles. Did this show up in a scan of some kind because I find the results very interesting.

Alex

Hi guys, this is very interesting thread and here is my prediction for EUR/USD on 1H chart.

Files:
prediction.jpg  111 kb

AUDCHF Daily-

Dominant Cycle Length- 127 days. Sub cycle 34. Very clear signals on most timeframes. Thanks minime!

Files:
audchf.gif  77 kb

hughesfleming:
Hi Minime,

I would like to ask how you chose AUDCHF for this example? This is one that I would not usually watch so I pulled up an hourly and daily chart and ran the cycles. Did this show up in a scan of some kind because I find the results very interesting.

Alex

There is a astigmatism in the AUDCHF entry I would call it a dud and the cycle ended.

With regards to my entry I can't talk about it , but i'll give you an advise that may help you find the way I trade or even come up with a better method.

1- Lose the lags indicators , go beyond the indicator an think about the mathematics behind it

2- Read about delta , EW , Hurst and Gann. Once you read about them trade them .. regardless good or bad just spend time with these trading method so you get to know how to predict the future.

3- Think outside the box , when you read about a trading method don't follow the rules make your own, and you can only do that if you tried the method by yourself.

4- Read only from someone who made money from forex .

5- Code your own system , make as much experts as you can so you can understand what works and what doesn't.

I don't see many topics discuses divergence, Fourier analysis , wavelet , SVM , pattern and image detection , NN and all of these are excellent prediction tools, but you would find 100s of trading methods based on moving averages and they have more people following them.

I did a thesis project on Fourier , wavelet and SVM and thats why I see the market from a different angle. Few posts back we talked about rapidminer its free and I posted a youtube videos on how to use it. Personally I use matlab but the concept is the same, lots of tests and you will find what you want.

Thanks minime,

Actually, I was just interested in how you chose this pair, not how you trade it. As far as SVMs and cycles are concerned, that part I can manage.

regards,

Alex

hughesfleming:
Thanks minime,

Actually, I was just interested in how you chose this pair, not how you trade it. As far as SVMs and cycles are concerned, that part I can manage.

regards,

Alex

"how you chose this pair ? " I scan all pairs and all timeframes for cycles. Some have cycles and some don't

What is indicator on the bottom?...thanks...

hughesfleming:
AUDCHF Daily-

Dominant Cycle Length- 127 days. Sub cycle 34. Very clear signals on most timeframes. Thanks minime!