Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 43

here is some more entertainment 4u...

SIMBA:
Thanks to Pip and Minime for the warm welcome,and to the village idiot for providing free entertainment,as usual.;)

Pip,you are right,we could proceed with Hurst FLDs.Attached is a pic with the target area projection for GBPUSD at 1.6056-61 based on the FLD 40.

According to Hurst they could be used for "gross" timing too,in this case based on actual information,the target area most probable timing is today between 17:00 and 23:00 EST.

S
Files:
dead-lion.jpg  84 kb

Dear Pava ,

We can learn something here and SIMBA knows a lot or we can trash the thread, and I'll be the first to leave.

Regards,

Fadi

simba don't share...

MiniMe:
Dear Pava ,

We can learn something here and SIMBA knows a lot or we can trash the thread, and I'll be the first to leave.

Regards,

Fadi

Pava:
simba don't share...

Simba shared with us the opportunity to make 100+ pips.That's a lot IMHO!!!!!!

he did not share the "how"...

mrtools:

People

Please keep this thread about cycles ... I know that it is a stressful time for almost everybody, but especially because of that, there is no need to waste so much useful information gathered during long time in threads like this

Pava:
he did not share the "how"...

I think he did

SIMBA:

Pip,you are right,we could proceed with Hurst FLDs.Attached is a pic with the target area projection for GBPUSD at 1.6056-61 based on the FLD 40.

According to Hurst they could be used for "gross" timing too,in this case based on actual information,the target area most probable timing is today between 17:00 and 23:00 EST.

S

"

Hurst’s cyclic theory requires that one times one’s trading actions by means of using two cyclic tools: the FLD (Future Lines of Demarcation) and the VTL (Valid Trend Line).

The FLD (Future Line of Demarcation) of a particular cycle is calculated by transposing the median price by roughly half the wavelength of the cycle in question into the future.

The VTL (Valid Trend Line) of a particular cycle is a trend line which joins two consecutive troughs or peaks of that cycle (as seen in the price movement), and then further validated by obeying a few simple rules defined by Hurst.

These tools provide evidence of a cyclic nature that a trough or peak of a particular cycle has occurred, and so they are used to create what Hurst called “action signals” – when price crosses an FLD or VTL a signal is generated, whereupon one should take an action (such as buying or selling)

"

source: http://sentienttrader.com/about-hurst-cycles/white-paper-3-trading-with-jm-hurst/

I think there are indicators for FLD and VTL on TSD + the Fourier indicator posted in this thread , you would get a very powerful tools for trading Hurst cycles

You can create FLD's directly in Metatrader by creating a 1 period SMA with (H+L)/2 and then shifting the half length of the cycle. One thing I found interesting when reading the info on sentient trader was the idea that the cycles continue over the weekend. I have not noticed this really except when some kind of shock causes a massive gap.

Alex

mrtools:

Totally agree! Thanks Simba!

SIMBA:
Thanks to Pip and Minime for the warm welcome,and to the village idiot for providing free entertainment,as usual.;)

S

Very good call Simba, and thanks again for the tip