1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 11

Are you making your trades immediately at close of London (9:00 PM PST), based on the time period of two hours before?

Brazenmichael:
having quite a successful run with this. i use it at the open of the us market and at the close of london. has anyone figured out a way to apply this indicator multiple times to the same chart?

Limstylz:

Are you sure you are following this strategy correctly?

I think I misunderstood TS for my SL. Thanks for the correction.

Limstylz:

I don't mean to sound unhelpful here, but all this strategy really requires is a bit of common sense to know when a particular trade is about to wipe you out and some balls to either stay in the trade and take more major pipage or to handle some potentially big drawdowns.

If you show me where're my mistakes, I think you are quite helpfull.

Okay, now would you like to direct me which point of resources/topic to sharpen my common sense in trading?

What I learnt is about Support Resistance, but I'm still not be able to applied the SR on my trading.

Does the SR have any relation with this method to decide price brekout moving?

imy indicator is set for london open...us open... london close.

:)

here i attach modification of indicator

1. i attached my indicator with default value

- GMTShift = 3;

- indi_number = 123;

- Start = 14:00;

- End = 17:00;

- linecolor = 0,0,79;

- textcolor = MidnightBlue;

2. i attached again with other setting like :

- GMTShift = 3;

- indi_number = 321;

- Start = 23:00;

- End = 01:00;

- linecolor = LightSalmon;

- textcolor = LightSalmon;

if you want to attach the indicator in the same chart, just setting the indicator, just setting the GMTShift, indi_number, Start, & End.

now the color can be setup as your like

Files:

andee...

Just sent you a PM

Love it!!

this indicator is truly becoming a masterpeice. Thank you for your work Andee. under the 4. color setting...maybe 4. color/font size?

with regards to an ea...is anyone working on one?

pip profit today 8

fyi...on compounding calc....right on target

Idea....

For EA...

use setting on indicator w/font adjustment

following rules...enter buy stop and sell stop

when buy or sell order is placed..cancel the opposite order.

be able to set take profit as well as lot size/ # of identical orders to open(my broker only allows 50 contracts per order, would like to open 100 or more ie..2 orders, 3 orders, etc)

be able to use magic number to use multiple EA on same chart( i use three instances of indicator per day).

Sound interesting anyone?

Ea

I had an EA built but it isn't working properly in backtesting. Unfortunately it doesn't use andee's indicator (andee, can we call your indi within the EA?) As soon as the problems are resolved I will post.

:)

EA cannot use/call my indicator, because my indicator didn't use "indicator buffer".

my indi just draw high & low from "End" to "start"....

Sorry dznmrd for your thread at other forum.... but the follower of "the big dog" has open new thread.

Limstylz:
I had an EA built but it isn't working properly in backtesting. Unfortunately it doesn't use andee's indicator (andee, can we call your indi within the EA?) As soon as the problems are resolved I will post.

Hi lim, i was study your EA code, and read your mail. i'll mail you back soon....

thank's my friend

andee:
EA cannot use/call my indicator, because my indicator didn't use "indicator buffer". my indi just draw high & low from "End" to "start"....

The EA can "call" the line and retrieve the constant needed.

FerruFx