1400-1600 GMT USD Breakout Strategy - page 10

Impressive... but why?

adriansusianto:

Hmm... Okay,

I read lots and lots of books from Wiley Trading, Joe Ross, Ed Ponsi, Kathy Lien, etc. But still making wrong decision in my trading.

Sorry, maybe I'm just too new for those questions. In fact I never take any advice from anyone and directly apply it as a fix suggestion. I know the rules.

And Yes I have done my homework before posting my questions. As you can see my backtest, included the modified calculation. Still 4 pairs to go.

Oh yes, you can also copy and use my spreadsheet.

Impressive spreadheet and data! However, it is impossible for me to check your data against mine as there is nothing on your sheet that seems to relate to this system we are using in this forum.

Are you sure you are following this strategy correctly?

dznmrd:

Simply put a buy stop at the high and sell stop at the low with stoploss at the low (If your buying) and stoploss at the high (If your selling).

Ideal Targets: Around 30-50pips or no targets if you think it can go more

Trailing Stop of 15pips, if your using metatrader.

If you thought a TS of 15 pips was a SL, then you hadn't read the instructions on the tin properly.

You could not have lost on EURUSD on Monday! You may have lost on GBPUSD on Monday (I'm assuming that these are the pairs you traded judging by your spreadsheet) depending on what time you made the pending trades and your SL of 15 rather than a TS of 15.

This strategy doesn't really rely on fully realising the dynamics of a currency pair in its broadest sense or in the currency market as a whole, more on how it acts in this particular strategy. Just a little bit pattern recognition for this strategy should help. This is why you need to do your own homework and why I nor anyone else in this forum can help you with what you asked.

I don't mean to sound unhelpful here, but all this strategy really requires is a bit of common sense to know when a particular trade is about to wipe you out and some balls to either stay in the trade and take more major pipage or to handle some potentially big drawdowns.

hi...

Brazenmichael:
hmmm....i want to thank you for the quick reply, but i fear i may have misunderstood. when i change the indi input and attach to the chart it disappears.

sorry, i cannot speak good english, but i'll try to explain.

1st. attach the indi with default indi_number,

2nd. if you want attach the indi at the same chart with different time setting, just change the indi_number to other number...

i don't know why it's not work... i had test it at my mt4 and it's ok...

thank's and sorry if i'm missunderstood

Anyone try my script yet?

Has anyone tried my script yet? its on page 8 post #80. I'm still having a couple of issues with it.

Andee, how would I use your indi with this script? Would I use icustom and if so, what are the buffers or names that I need?

Also, I appear to be having the same issues as Brazenmichael when I try to put 2 indi's with different indi_numbers on the same chart.

Thanks

Limstylz:
Has anyone tried my script yet? its on page 8 post #80. I'm still having a couple of issues with it.

Andee, how would I use your indi with this script? Would I use icustom and if so, what are the buffers or names that I need?

Also, I appear to be having the same issues as Brazenmichael when I try to put 2 indi's with different indi_numbers on the same chart.

Additionally, what does the offset parameter do?

Thanks

///paramenter input

string Start = "14:00";

string End = "16:00";

int day_number = 2; // 1 = today only, change to haw many day you want display the indi

bool show_label = true;

int offset = 5; // is how many pips from the hi and lo

int indi_number = 123; // like magic number at open order -> just change it when attach to the same chart

...//

sorry lim, i was see your script... i wanna to assist but now i'm work for the EA right now.... if the EA ready i'll upload it, anyway did here have any specific rule how to trade and how to out.... or just breakout the hi-lo of the time setting...

c u

i fixed it i cannot change the begin or end time or i have issues... so if i adjust the gmt shift i am ok.

Script is very basic

Thanks for getting back to me andee,

The script is very basic as I just want it to place the pending trades, so yes it just places trades at the high and low settings. It was more to get a better understanding of the MQL4 language before I write an EA.

Please don't worry too much about my script if you are busy working on an EA for this. I'm sure everyone in this forum will agree that an EA will make eveyone life here a little easier and besides which, it will mean that i don't have to

Cheers

i know i ask alot of you andee, but i believe all together we are making this a better system. is it possible to choose the line color that is shown on the chart. with multiple instances of the same indicator it would make it easier to read. also maybe resize the text? thanks for your help. where do you learn to code?

Can't get mine to work

Brazenmichael:
i fixed it i cannot change the begin or end time or i have issues... so if i adjust the gmt shift i am ok.

Hi BrazenMichael,

Can't get mine to display properly. I tried your trick of changing the GMT shift but no joy. Did you do anything else to make yours work?

Cheers

try this....

i set up the indicators the way i wanted...then saved the template...then selected that template.

hope that helps.

Oh well...

Thanks for your tip. Didn't work for me though.

Nevermind, i'll have to stick to using a few charts then. You're trading the London close? Are you also trading the London open?

I'm covering all the opens (US, London, Euro, Asia and Australia), with their relative currency pair. London and Japan are well worth covering.

EURJPY killed me this afternoon as I forgot to cancel pending order for long when going short. Foolishly, I cancelled stop loss too hoping for reversal and go long and lost 1k. Fortunately its still on demo... Still smarts, but shows you need to stick to the rules!