School of Pimpology - page 46

Breakout

Here's the little break of the 1.0959 level I was speaking of this morning.

Everything headed down. M.A's in correct order. Break of 4hr 20 with CCI's not oversold.

Muchos Gracias, anothe 30+ in the tin.

Gold order kicked in as discussed at $820 so we're 40 up there at the moment too. Have already collect part of that position.

Did someone say a big day was brewing ?

Sorry to hear about the guys with the eyes. Have you tried toning down the brightness of the charts, changing the background to say to a pastel pink or a cornflower or elderberry ?

Files:
cheeky_20.gif  21 kb

Squinting

Bloom:
My left eye has now closed over. Trading one eyed now.

Just setting up this scalper template for a bit of fun.

Hey bloom,

You need to stop playing with your mouse! I understand from my mum it eventually causes blindness.......

Optical rockie

I seem to have a bit of difficulty in reading the Heiken Ashi Slim Candles. Can anyone tell me how they are reading these - especially with the very long wicks? Being used to reading regular candles, I'm unable to quickly determine where price is at with regard to the long wicks. Thank you.

FX Pimp:

Gold really having a look at the the 4hr 50 and if that goes, this baby will move up a good few hundred pips.

I have an order at $820.

Gold traders rubbing their hands with glee and another 100+ pips in the tin.

Pimpmania is sweeping the nation !!!

Files:
cheeky_21.gif  23 kb

Euro 1.50 ?

Anyone fancy the Euro back to 1.50 ?

Looks pretty good to fill the gap between 4hr 50 and weekly 50

Files:
cheeky_22.gif  22 kb

For Spitfire. Entry at cross on 7CCI (arrow on chart), exit at S2. 30 - 40 pips depending on entry/exit.

Files:
durti.gif  43 kb

Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion.

Dax

william1000:
............about to close on DAX. Hopefully will get another 40.............

Crude reached the 4hr20 MA so I closed DAX before it got to S2 for 20pips.

I'm not planning on posting trades here, but once again I just wanted to point out how amazing this thread is. Crude and DAX? How do they relate?Well I learnt it all here.

Honest Bill.

Today's Winners

Spitfire asked us to post a few other winners today.

I totalled 56 on Dax today. The first one actually dropped suddenly before I pulled the trigger, but I still took 26 from it. Both Dow and Crude were my leading indicators. Their MA's and CCI's were all in agreement. I closed the second one when crude hit it's 4hr20. I could have squeezed another 10 pips as it did go to S2, but I was glad to bag them.

A also took the Swissie trade FX posted earlier today. I took it again later with practically an identical set up. Both Gold and Crude were my leading indicators.

Today's total +100

Just note that there was nothing special about the trades. I just stuck with the strategy.

I'm watching for a third go as you can see in the chart.

Honest Bill

Files:
dax.gif  48 kb

Morning Set up

I just thought I'd throw this in.

Each morning I'm up about 6:15am (London Time) and on with the PC by 6:30……..after cleaning the teeth, of course.

I check here for upcoming news Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Above my monitor I note the reds with red pen and the orange with blue pen. A Post-It suffices. I tend to ignore yellows. FX just told me today that I can filter out yellows and some currencies. Cool.

I won’t open a trade if it’s too close to these times. If a trade drags on, I’ll close it a little while before then.

Next, I’ll check this thread for FX Pimp’s thoughts on the day.

Next, I go from Daily timeframes down to 15min on each pair drawing in trendlines, support and resistance.

The 4 hour is great.

If FX Pimp didn’t get to the thread before me (which is very, very rare), I now take a look again.

So, I’m set up for the morning session. Unless, there’s a potential trade imminent, I’m off to get some water and fruit to bring back to the PC. Yes, you need to be healthy if you’re going to sit at the PC all day.

Well, I just thought the routine might help newbies, especially the news bit.

A month ago I hadn’t got a clue what I was doing. This thread has changed all that for me.

Must go. I’ve collected +70 today and about to close on DAX. Hopefully will get another 40.

May the pips be with you.

Honest Bill.

PS. Between 8 and 9 my wife arrives with the greasy rashers and eggs. One of the kids carries the insulated coffee cup. You know the ones that look like wheelie bins? And I’m asked “well, how many pips did you make so far today”