School of Pimpology - page 140

EURUSD 12-12-2008 8:59AM UK Time

Hi Endy

Thanks a lot for posting your indicators. They look very interesting and appear to have great merit when combined with the Pimp's teachings, so feel free to post your ideas/charts.

I too liked the way that the Pimpster used trend lines on your indicators so have a look at my offering. I feel a bit more study is needed before risking hard earned pips but the potential is certainly there.......again thank you very much for sharing.

Best regards Kiwi

Eurgbp

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist, I just hope someone saw this EURGBP comming.

First long entry level at 20EMA (first 1/3).

Now it seems it is going well. TPs based on the previous post..

Zak, I liked the trendlines you put into your last notes, so have a look on this one on EURGBP.

endy

EDIT1:

TP1 at 127% fibo (0.8923) hit, now waiting for TP2 at 161% fibos around 0.8942.

EDIT2:

TP2 hit, I'm keeping small position opened with SL around .8880 (nice figure ), just in case eurgbp wants to go to that 1.0 faster.

Files:
eurgbp.jpg  83 kb

Q&a

swagman1:
Excellent work Endy

Why do you use CCI(48) though and not pimps CCI(21)?

I played a bit with different periods, this seemed ok for me.

The rule is clear:

• the bigger the period, the safer trend indication, however you can get into game too late
  • the shorter the period, you can get sooner into game, even though the trend is still going original direction and you just cought retracement

So you need something in between.

swagman1:

Just to check the process would you look at icci_sum first and based on current results long EUR, JPY and short AUD, USD then check individual crosses of these 4 and look for any leaving the +/-100 range and use limit orders to get into trades.

Thanks for the indies I will certainly do some backtesting over the w/end.

Swagman

Yes, something like that.

endy

Eurgbp long played this morning

Here is how I played it. I guess it is clear enough from the attachced charts (earlier I wrote I am keeing small pos for future, I decided to close it, because I am not sure if I'll have time to look into it in next few days).

endy

Endy, KiwiTraderNZ,

Also, how do you hide some of the cci's?

Here is what I have:

Files:
chart_12.gif  19 kb

Here is my template.

In regard with the hidding of some of the CCI's, I think the easiest way is to change their color in indi properties to match background col.

endy

Honest Bill:
Endy, KiwiTraderNZ,

Also, how do you hide some of the cci's?

Here is what I have:
Files:
curstr.tpl  4 kb

endy:
Hi, I just noticed on your charts, you use ODL broker, are you sure this broker provides all 28 required currency pairs ?

I mean all usd/eur/gbp/cad/jpy/chf/aud combination.

If not, there may be (and there will be) differences..

Endy

Thanks, Endy,

You are right. Pimp uses ODL too. I'll let him know.

I'll compare to FIBO-FIBO Group MT4 Demo Server

List of all pairs

See the currency array definition in indicator:

string aud_pairs[] = {"EURAUD", "GBPAUD", "AUDCHF", "AUDJPY", "AUDCAD", "AUDUSD" };

string jpy_pairs[] = {"USDJPY", "EURJPY", "AUDJPY", "CHFJPY", "CADJPY", "GBPJPY" };

string gbp_pairs[] = {"GBPUSD", "EURGBP", "GBPAUD", "GBPCHF", "GBPCAD", "GBPJPY" };

string usd_pairs[] = {"GBPUSD", "EURUSD", "AUDUSD", "USDCHF", "USDCAD", "USDJPY" };

string cad_pairs[] = {"GBPCAD", "EURCAD", "AUDCAD", "CADCHF", "USDCAD", "CADJPY" };

string eur_pairs[] = {"EURGBP", "EURUSD", "EURAUD", "EURCHF", "EURCAD", "EURJPY" };

string chf_pairs[] = {"EURCHF", "USDCHF", "AUDCHF", "GBPCHF", "CADCHF", "CHFJPY" };

endy

swagman1:
Endy

I just tried on another broker (MIG, no gold or oil though) and the charts now look similar to yours but it only has 21 currency pairs, what are the others?

I have euraud,gbpaud,audchf,ausjpy,audcad,audusd,usdjpy,eurjpy,chfjpy, cadjpy,gbpjpy,gbpusd,eurgbp,gbpchf,gbpcad,eurusd,usdchf,usdcad,eurcad,

cadchf,eurchf.

Swagman

Number of pairs

Endy

I just tried on another broker (MIG, no gold or oil though) and the charts now look similar to yours but it only has 21 currency pairs, what are the others?

I have euraud,gbpaud,audchf,ausjpy,audcad,audusd,usdjpy,eurjpy,chfjpy, cadjpy,gbpjpy,gbpusd,eurgbp,gbpchf,gbpcad,eurusd,usdchf,usdcad,eurcad,cadchf,eurchf.

Swagman

Here we go,

Left is FIBO. Right is ODL. So, yes there are differences.

Files:
chart1_3.gif  10 kb