School of Pimpology - page 168

Nicola A:
PS Anyone else notice that EURUSD daily MA's have crossed and price is now south of all the MA's. Clear Skies below. MS at 1.2756

Yes, Nicola, I did notice.

Placed an order at 1.2979 with only a 40 pip s/l above 1.3200 and WP. Got hit at 5pm yesterday.

I'm not used to longer term holding and closed EU for +76 this morning some 15 hours later only to see it drop to +150 now and heading towards the 4hr low for my target of +200. The shame here is if I had just closed my charts the trade would still be open. How simple would that have been?

What a shame. Happy you got some pips though!

She is just on her way back down again I think ...

Have a nice weekend Bill

Honest Bill:
Yes, Nicola, I did notice.

Placed an order at 1.2979 with only a 40 pip s/l above 1.3200 and WP. Got hit at 5pm yesterday.

I'm not used to longer term holding and closed EU for +76 this morning some 15 hours later only to see it drop to +150 now and heading towards the 4hr low for my target of +200. The shame here is if I had just closed my charts the trade would still be open. How simple would that have been?

It's the weekend!

I wasn't going to trade but the crazy news produced some very nice set ups.

I closed the Aussie short and Euro short and had a couple of nice trades on crude and the Dow Futures.

Only lost 50 pips on CAD so still managed to finish my second +1000 pip week.

Attached is the dow trade which was a lovely bounce off all the bunched up Ma's and the 20.

Have a great weekend all

Nicola

Files:

hans vs hans

Thanks to all who kept on sharing there pip score last week it helps me in achieving my goals..

reflections on my weekly pips score,

Monday +30 pips in 1trade ( stayed in bed, had a bad oyster Sunday)

Tuesday +174 pips in 3 trades ( nice controlled trading )

Wednesday -12 pips in 5 trades (stopped after 5 trades )

Thursday -81 pips in 10 trades ( playing with the monkey chat )

Friday + 20 in 8 trades ( tried to go back to controlled trading )

Overall pips score for 2009

week 1 : 845 pips + and 1431 pips - in 62 trades result - 586

week 2 : 872 pips + and 892 pips - in 58 trades result - 20

week 3 : 336 pips + and 658 pips - in 41 trades result -322

week 4 : 467 pips + and 336 pips - in 27 trades result + 131

Looks like the treatment is going to work out

Still taking profit to quickly and don't let the profit run.

Very happy with trading only oil, wsfuts and one currency.

If I don't follow my rules I force myself in to get a dozen oysters

Cu all next week in the live room.

Templates and Indicators

Hi,

Is there a place online where I can download the main template and indicators for this strategy?

I've managed to get my moving averages the same as in the screenshots. My my pivot and CCI indicators look different.

Thanks,

Mauzj.

Retirement

Rockdrive - Early retirement.

Dear Pipsters,

I have now been trading full time for just over 12 months. I have completed a review of my performance over that time and have concluded that while I am making pips, I am not making enough pips. My average monthly income is less than 25% of my former income so Mrs Rock and I have therefore agreed that I shall retire from the arena and once more join the corporate boardroom.

This early retirement is something I hope is short lived. With pressures for income and high expenditure I have to be realistic and honest with myself. This has been a great community and I have enjoyed myself enormously. Thanks for all of your help Dan, Zak and James.

I'll poke my nose in now and again, and shall continue to trade a longer term book, but this will be more for beer money than paying the mortgage.

All the best pipsters and thank you for allowing me to share my successes and my failures. Good luck to you all.

Retiring Rockdrive

Sorry to see you go Rockdrive, but I respect your realistic and pragmatic view.

I would love to become a full time trader, but would be kidding myself if I thought I could do it now.

Checked my account for Jan and lost 63 pips in total for the month, a far cry from the 4000 or so i'd need to be able to give up the day job!

2 rock: Someday you will earn more money than your mortgage is..

If you are able to do continual monthly profits than you will be able to cummulate your money to have bigger stakes. And I think when u are in with 1lot and u CAN make 500monthly pips your mortgage will be no problem then..I hope and wish you this is going to happen..

I post here my bad trade to show you all how easy is to lose money.

I drew my TL badly and that was big mistake..After the loss of 50pips(2 positions with 25pips SL) I went to ciggy and then this hapend.."What a stupid man I am!" I told myself..

Files:
gu.jpg  102 kb