School of Pimpology - page 141

Another hint:

Make sure, you have all symbols on (Ctrl+M, right click on the list, Show All command).

And the last option here is, go to the history directory, and make sure you have all 21 *240.hst files present.

If they are not all there, strength calculation is not accurate.

Endy

Honest Bill:
Here we go, Left is FIBO. Right is ODL. So, yes there are differences.

I'm using InterbankFX and my charts were looking pretty strange as well, but when I used Endy's template, they looked the same.

Also, it's looking as though the pips are in correlation with the movement of the cci_dif. Endy, is that what you observe?

Thanks again and Happy pipping,

endy:
Another hint:

Make sure, you have all symbols on (Ctrl+M, right click on the list, Show All command).

And the last option here is, go to the history directory, and make sure you have all 21 *240.hst files present.

If they are not all there, strength calculation is not accurate.

Endy

One more question, Endy.

If the pc has been shut down overnight should I clear the history folder?

If you did it already recently (hst file deletion), then no, it is not needed.

endy

Honest Bill:
One more question, Endy. If the pc has been shut down overnight should I clear the history folder?

IBFX not ok for this indi.

To my knowledge, IBFX does not have complet instrument configuration required for accurate functioning of the indicator.

Again, it must have all 21 crosses included.

endy

fxdiva:
I'm using InterbankFX and my charts were looking pretty strange as well, but when I used Endy's template, they looked the same.

Also, it's looking as though the pips are in correlation with the movement of the cci_dif. Endy, is that what you observe?

Thanks again and Happy pipping,

See the dip here on gbpcad when they crossed at the red vertical line. It was a 600 pip move. Now there was no entry on it, but they have crossed again. Let's keep an eye on it if they continue to diverge on the sum window and moves below -100 on dif window, as per Endy's rules.

Files:
chart_13.gif  30 kb

What's going on?

I have been following Pimp and Dan's strategy every day since their first postings in May on a different forum and been hooked ever since. I have studied every post and spent countless hours digesting their wisdom, studying their strategy and learning how to read the charts.

And now I log in here to catch up on Pimp's charts and am met with a frenzy of coloured lines.

What's going on?

What's wrong with the charts and strategy as they are? Why try and change what works perfectly well? All you need to do is study their methods and the pips will flow.

I know it is up to me whether or not to use this new indicator but I've seen this so many times. Just keep it simple. This strategy doesn't need bells and whistles, it just needs a bit of hard work, study, patience and discipline.

Don't lose track of all these pages of knowledge Pimp has already so generously provided, isn't that why you are all here in the first place?

RS

Hi Rollingstone,

A true supporter you are. Sticking to the strategy.

But........we know how Pimp loves to play with indicators to try and improve the pip count. Sure back through the thread, remember how we had him playing with fibonnaci?

Anyway, to be fair to Endy here, this indicator is just to show what pairs might move the most. He still uses Pimp's strategy on a 1 hour chart, but, applies it to that pair. I'm all up for increasing the pip count .

Let's keep an eye on it.

Return of the Pound

Cable looks set to fly this afternoon.

Get in and hold for a few days is the way forward in my opinion.

Files:
pound.gif  52 kb

FX Pimp:
Cable looks set to fly this afternoon. Get in and hold for a few days is the way forward in my opinion.

You truly are amazing, Mr. Pimp. I got this message to my phone, but was out with stuff to do. Tried to get back as quickly as possible. And it's gone.

I know you'll post the results here, but as I type it has gone +250 pips since your post.