School of Pimpology - page 14

biefx8:
Hi FX Pimp, Excellent pimpology. I love to read all yr postings.
jturns23:
Pimpin ain't easy!! Great thread! Very informative!

Thanks very much for all your kind words guys. They are really very much appreciated.

It's great to see some of you coming up with some great cuggestions too.

To summarize this morning,it's been a bit slow to be honest.

There was a little bit of Dollar weakness coming in on the Crude and Gold side of things but this didn't really reflect in the currencies. Cable and Euro both fell on the back of poor numbers but the retracements we were waiting for on the Yen & Swiss side have yest to materialize.

Crude is still at that crucial weekly 20ema at $124.00 and until that bakes or breaks I'm not getting excited about taking any trades.

I've just taken a couple of trades this last 2 days and am getting a bit itchy fingered.

Let's hope the U.S session fills our orchards with fruit a plenty.

I'm open to more suggestions on how we, as a group can improve on this, but as far as coding goes I have no idea. I have a compressed version of the template here which is kb as opposed to mb in size so please email me and I will forward it.

Happy Pimpin. I'll be back with some suggestions as they arise.

Woodies CCI looks and works exactly the same and isn't cpu hungry.

TLBreak:
Woodies CCI looks and works exactly the same and isn't cpu hungry.

OK, thanks, I'll use that.

Cci

automatic CCI

Files:

Cci

omelette:
Just wondering if anyone has the source-code of the CCI indicator that FX_Pimp recommends? I'm surprised no-one else has commented on this, but when you have 8-plus instances running (as the template requires) this indicator slows everything down - the reason being, it is doing its calculations on the entire price series on every tick (* 8+) making it a real CPU-hog, when there is really no need for it. (stick it on the visual backtester that is testing a fast EA to see how bad it really is...) I could only find the source of an earlier version, so if anyone has the newer one, post it and I'll fix it.

There's no mq4 file for that SniperCCI that I can find, just the .exe file.

I have a template which is about 100kb instead of 6mb if thats any good to you?

Can't remember it so dull

Well as we edge towards the European close I can't remember a market so dull for a long while.

Well, Monday wasn't great, but apart from that. Looks like Pimps talk of the 124 bucks a barrel oil has stalled the markets.

G-Man

Messy

It's horrible out there guys, and I for one am taking no trades.

Crude cannot make it's mind up what it wants to do, and until such time as it decides, my tin is sealed tight

FX Pimp:
There's no mq4 file for that SniperCCI that I can find, just the .exe file. I have a template which is about 100kb instead of 6mb if thats any good to you?

Hi. no thanks, my post was a reflex-action on discovering that everything was slowing down on setting up all the charts, because of the CCI indicator. I also searched for the newer version's source-code without success. Attached is the only one I could find - I have 'fixed' it, and added a zero-cross alert in case anyone may find it of use.

seriously

one of the best threads ive read in a long while

keep it up homie

u basically cover everything there is to know about the technicals of the market.

i been tradin for years now and i decided to start double checkin my own analysis of direction using ur strategy.

If anyone still trying to figure out the tpl, attached is the template -set as FxPimp has mentioned on the first posts of this thread. (you may want to change the colors and add a pivot indicator tho...)

Files:
pimpology.tpl  10 kb