Blessing 2 - page 106

Hi,

Thanks to All of you, this an excellant EA. I am new to this thread, but I have read most of the posts. I have run backtests on EUR/USD H1 chart from Jan 09 to Today , ( I set GAF = 2) and the results are very promising , and its better than the H4 charts.

But most of the posts are about H4 time frame, Has any body gone Live with H1 charts for EUR/USD?

Best Regards

Fbnet

Hello all,

Maybe two ideas:

Since blessing work both ways wouldn't it be better to go always in the direction of the carry trade and make some profit out of it while it carries the balance and wait for the retrace?

Has anybody tried to set the break even level to say level 5 or 6 (instead of the default 12)? Wouldn't it be safer to limit the growth of the balance earlier (the EA would brake even and then start a new cicle, searching for profits with less risk and lower TP/grid levels)?

Once again, excellent job everybody, keep up!!!

leverage for blessing

Hi all!!

For martingale EAs like blessing is it always better to use higher leverage (maybe 1:200 or even 1:400) to give more room for the EA to breathe or is there any downside to using higher leverages for blessing?

fafajuju:
Hi all!! For martingale EAs like blessing is it always better to use higher leverage (maybe 1:200 or even 1:400) to give more room for the EA to breathe or is there any downside to using higher leverages for blessing?

Well, my 1:200 IBFX mini halts trading at 100%, and

closes trades at 50%, so that's really a 1:400 leverage.

This is definitely a good thing for Blessing and other

grid/martingales.

Rob

NFA Rule

All,

Well, the NFA rule is in effect and Blessing is trading along just fine. This is on my live account at IBFX (micro) of course. There has been no broker intervention whatsoever. Just for grins, I thought I would place a trade opposite the direction that Blessing was going on the USDJPY.

The trade was not placed at all! In fact, the journal stated that the trade was "disabled". Therefore, this indicates that once Blessing picks it's direction, it will only accept trades in that direction. This is how Blessing trades it's grid style! For the most part, Blessing goes only one way or the other 95% of the time. There have been reports where Blessing has placed a Buy Stop and Sell Stop when the market was truly sideways and the MA was simply flat at that point.

In this case, if the Buy Stop was triggered and the market moved to a point where Blessing placed Sell Stops and Sell Limits, you would simply have to manually intervene and close out the buy trade first in order to go in the "new" direction.

Blessing is my only EA right now. I have adopted the semi-automatic plan. Since I use all four recommended pairs on my IBFX micro, I portion each to 3 and set the EP to 65% on each. The chart overlay tells me that each pair has total risk on account of 22% for that pair. So that means is that pair goes bad, I would lose only 22% of my account. To me, having a higher EP setting allows Blessing to hit that next level allowing the TPs to sync closer to a quicker close upon reversal. I did this just this past week on the USDJPY after hitting the 11th level. All trades closed for a total profit of $40 on my $2300 base account.

Just my thoughts for the day. I hope everyone is running v5.1 as this has the safer/better EP closing logic.

Happy Trading

v/r

Iron:

1. Let me first express my gratitde that you anf FE has provided a excellent EA for us. Thanks a lot.

2. I did a spreadsheet to pan out the open drawdown when various level is hit, using the default setting, and I come up with a DD of $1962.50 on recommended account balance of $2500, or 78.5% when 11 levels is hit. That is still excluding spread and all possible negative swap.

3. I wonder if I did any thing wrong on the spreadsheet, as you mentioned that you are able to close a 11 levels with EP set to 65%. Care to comment on this?

4. Margin call will happen when 12 levels is hit. If my spreadsheet is correct, then there is no point setting the BE level at 12 as the sesssions orders will be closed once 12 levels are hit. Am I right?

5. On the EA closing side, I noticed that when 12 level is hit, EA is not able to close at a profit, but a a small loss. (Assumming all trade are done at exact grid price). Care to comment on this?

Files:
1.gif  40 kb
2.gif  43 kb

... continues

6. Notice that in the above snapshot, I have the lost size listed in row 4 &5. That is what I think Blessing should size. I am not sure if that is because of the rounding up/down problem or what, I have encounter a trade up to 9 levels, the lot size at various levels are 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.06, 0.08, 0.11, 0.15 & 0.21. Notice that that level 3 is 0.03 instead of the calcuated and repeated 0.02. Can Iron please comment on the lot size calculation?

7. If, I will to take level 3 to be 0.03, here are the scenarios: even level 10 will hit EP 65%!

PS: I am not criticising Blessing 2, but since Iron and FE has share this EA and quite a few of us here is running it live, I thought we should address this issue openly.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and others can point out what and where is the mistake.

Many thanks.

Files:
3.gif  9 kb
4.gif  40 kb
5.gif  42 kb

whitesand123:
... continues

6. Notice that in the above snapshot, I have the lost size listed in row 4 &5. That is what I think Blessing should size. I am not sure if that is because of the rounding up/down problem or what, I have encounter a trade up to 9 levels, the lot size at various levels are 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.06, 0.08, 0.11, 0.15 & 0.21. Notice that that level 3 is 0.03 instead of the calcuated and repeated 0.02. Can Iron please comment on the lot size calculation?

7. If, I will to take level 3 to be 0.03, here are the scenarios: even level 10 will hit EP 65%!

PS: I am not criticising Blessing 2, but since Iron and FE has share this EA and quite a few of us here is running it live, I thought we should address this issue openly.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and others can point out what and where is the mistake.

Many thanks.

Whitesand,

Do you mind posting your excel spreadsheet so that everyone can download the copy and may be help to see if something miscalculated in the formula.

Thanks

sam_ye2001:
Whitesand,

Do you mind posting your excel spreadsheet so that everyone can download the copy and may be help to see if something miscalculated in the formula.

Thanks

OK, here is the spreadsheet.

There are total 4 tabs. Those 2 with "-cal" are of lot size based on EA calculations, while those 2 without are lot size based on what I observed from my statement.

Files:
blessing2.zip  13 kb

thanks a lot whitesand for this shared spreadsheets

here is the formula i used to calculate lots/level

tell me what you think

=ARRONDI(B5*1,46;2)

where B5 is the previous level lot size, and i entered manually values of level 1 and 2 as they will always be 0.01 and 0.02, it might false the calculation if rounded/calculated from level 2

Sorry i cant' upload my spreadsheet, tells me "invalid file"