Blessing 2 - page 103

the float (and DD) wont be much reduced as float grows faster than profit, whatever the trend is. We just make a little more profit during the same period if we trade both ways. As we dont follow the ma trend we need to have large enough balance to survive the periods we're not in the main trend.

I'm running fwdtests with modified eas to check this, i dont want to polluate the thread so far as it's not the FE/Iron basis theory. But ill keep posted if i ever find interesting stuff.

Have a good trading day

alex

alex84:
YES i'm about to start a live with them

they look fine and most of all they are very quick

i'll keep you informed

by the way they allow hedging for those who need

Thanks Alex

We wait for your information about this broker

First of all thanks to everyone that contributed to this EA. I was testing it for 1 month now on alpari 3000$ demo acount on one pair (USDJPY) and it went up for 18%. The highest it went was 7 levels. Now i would like to open live acount with 1000$ on IBFX (allready demotesting with 2 pairs eurusd&usdjpy). Now just a few questions to see if i understand everything.

I took set files from irons post #983 USDJPY D1 & EURUSD H4.

I would like to give it a little more room to breathe so i set initial account to 500 and portion to 2. Is this right or should i set it to 2500 since i trade two curencies.

Boki

boki:
First of all thanks to everyone that contributed to this EA. I was testing it for 1 month now on alpari 3000$ demo acount on one pair (USDJPY) and it went up for 18%. The highest it went was 7 levels. Now i would like to open live acount with 1000$ on IBFX (allready demotesting with 2 pairs eurusd&usdjpy). Now just a few questions to see if i understand everything.

I would like to give it a little more room to breathe so i set initial account to 500 and portion to 2. Is this right or should i set it to 2500 since i trade two curencies.

Boki

I mean 250 not 2500. My mistake

boki:

Boki

Initial account is just the balance you dont want the ea to continue trading if you ever lose money and balance fells below this level

Portion is the parameter you need so the ea establishes the basis for EP

So with 1000$ balance and 500$ initial accoun setting EA can survive higher levels? (I hope it will not come to that). My equitiy protection is still set to 50%.

boki:
So with 1000$ balance and 500$ initial accoun setting EA can survive higher levels? (I hope it will not come to that). My equitiy protection is still set to 50%.

Well, $1000 is what I recommend for one pair with 1-cent pips. This will

give you plenty of breathing room for float. And, believe me, you will see

lots of float with Blessing. The absolute minimum balance for one pair

should be $500, with EP at 60%, so it can hit that next level.

Just make sure you're using 1-cent pips with .01 starting lots. If you're

using 10-cent pips, you need AT LEAST $5K-$10K balance. Just my

opinion, but I've been doing this for 18 months and I've seen the effects

of the above up close and personal.

Rob

I thought that twice the balance as is recomended (250$ with 1 cent pips would be enough). As i read through this thread i see that you are a conservative trader. What was the hiest level that you reached ChicagoRob?

So i better trade 1 pair for half a year and then maybe two. If dont blow my accoun before

boki:
I thought that twice the balance as is recomended (250$ with 1 cent pips would be enough). As i read through this thread i see that you are a conservative trader. What was the hiest level that you reached ChicagoRob? So i better trade 1 pair for half a year and then maybe two. If dont blow my accoun before

Twice the $250 balance *is* enough, but a bigger balance will add more

safety. Technically, Blessing never loses, until you don't have enough

balance for the float. Do yourself a favor and put on the biggest balance

you can afford.

I've hit several level 7s, a few level 8s, and one level 9. The level 9 almost

took me out. That's with twice the recommended balance. Therefore, I

recommend EP at 60%, or better yet, a bigger balance($1000/pair).

Even with my conservative approach, I banked 26% in three months,which

ain't too shabby.

Rob