Blessing 2 - page 149

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those settings only give you $250 in float. Blessing will eat that up like nothing,

especially on eurusd.

Rob

why do you have to set portion '2' when trading only one currency pair ?

adewale001:
I plan on going live with a $2000 account with FXDD on pairs EUR/USD. I plan on using irons latest set files altering the following.

Initial Account $1000

Account Portion 2

Float Percent 50

MM- false

LAF 1

Lot 0.01

Multiplier- 1.4

MA period 25

BE level- 20

Do you think I am safe?

I believe FXDD uses 10 cent account. So I don't think it's safe. if you have 10 cent account the minimum balance should be 2500 on one pair.

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I can set a limit on the number of trades I want Blessing to open? I prefer to turn off Blessing after 6 or 7 trades & just wait it out if price is going against me. Sometimes I add the next level manually at a price point of my choice. Just my preference.

Iron...would it be very difficult to add this setting if it's not currently available?

Thanks so much.

PG

reducing risk

PipGoddesss:
Hi

Can anyone tell me how I can set a limit on the number of trades I want Blessing to open? I prefer to turn off Blessing after 6 or 7 trades & just wait it out if price is going against me. Sometimes I add the next level manually at a price point of my choice. Just my preference.

Iron...would it be very difficult to add this setting if it's not currently available?

Thanks so much.

PG

Hi PipGoddesses,

This is very simple.

Just set the MaxLevel and BELevel to a lower number.

I use for both 8. This reduces the max numbers of open trades to 8.

One more secret tip:

Reduce Set1Count and Set2Count both to 8 and the performance will nicely improve.

Success!

Best

Antomi

Thanks Antomi...I knew there had to be a way!

The default Set Counts are for 4. How can 4 be reduced to 8?? Plus it says to use that setting "sparingly".

PG

Been sitting with this DD on USDCAD 11th level for straigh 3 weeks. I thought it would retrace soon, but still no sign. gooosh

Chiming In

All,

I've been extremely busy for 2 months and haven't been on the forum lately. Seems folks want to tweak Blessing to "get more". At least that's the general trend I'm reading.

The set files I've posted are files that have been forward tested for months and backtested for assurances. They simply work. v5.2 allows folks to alter the autocal "lookback" via the menu while v5.1 is fixed. I personally have not used this feature therefore the set files I posted are for v5.2 that use the hardcoded v5.1 in the menu.

Although Blessing is working very well with the 4 pairs that have been backtested and forward tested for 2 years now, I personally, do not use USDCAD any more. It was the only pair I hit an EP stop on live and even after coming up with a spanking new set file, the grid is just too wide and it would take too long to profit consistantly with this pair. I, instead, use EURUSD, AUDCAD, and the USDJPY pairs. The profit ability is the highest with EURUSD, second with AUDCAD and third with USDJPY.

I've adjusted my portions to match my account size on IBFX. The FIFO rule will not affect Blessing as Blessing does not hedge and when it comes time to close, the grid all closes at once.

I was down to $1500 on my account in April due to FAP Turbo (down from $2500). I am back up to $3100 with just Blessing alone and I plan on just running Blessing....period. It's the only EA that has made me money (except for my manual trading, I'm about 75% with that!).

Keep on sharing your thoughts. The set files I've posted are what I am running live. If I EVER change any one of them for ANY reason (market conditions, EP stop, etc) I will post it here. In the mean time, I ain't fixing what ain't broke!

v/r

Happy Trading

PipGoddesss:
Thanks Antomi...I knew there had to be a way!

The default Set Counts are for 4. How can 4 be reduced to 8?? Plus it says to use that setting "sparingly".

PG

Sorry PipGoddesses,

Instead of "ReduceSet1Count and Set2Count both to 8 and the performance will nicely improve," it should be "SetSet1Count and Set2Count both to 8 and the performance will nicely improve

Antomi