Martingale EA - page 63

We will have the input named Pyramid, kayvan...scrole back and reread my suggestion...

ES

kayvan:
hi sivach no this is not what i mean . please read it again .

So to recap..

We are asking for a noisy EA..that can trend or counter trend...from a user definable kayvan level with a user definable sequential lot size or simply double them.

This trade can wait for an exceeding breach or simply look at the previous 1..2....3....4...etc candles...and it can exit at a dollar or a percent in a user definable TF.

sheesh...what a nightmare we are requesting to have built!

ES

ElectricSavant:
We will have the input named Pyramid, kayvan...scrole back and reread my suggestion... ES

i diden`t`t find! which post please?

its there.... look long and hard...search for Pyramid...(it could take hours to sift through all my crap)

If you can't find it...I can't help you...

ES

kayvan:
i diden`t`t find! which post please?

ElectricSavant:
its there.... look long and hard...search for Pyramid...(it could take hours to sift through all my crap)

If you can't find it...I can't help you...

ES

i really searched but could not find.

any way ,if it acts like i said it is ok . no discussions

forward test on gold m 15 tp=15

Files:
gggggg.gif  45 kb
kkkkkkk.htm  12 kb

forward test on eur/usd m- 15 tp 10

these are just testing . don`t use this ea in real . till wolfe confirmation

Files:
gggggg_1.gif  47 kb
kkkkkkk_1.htm  20 kb

kayvan really? Your not getting lazy now are you? I looked back FOR YOU and searched for the word "pyramid"...it may not be what you are describing exactley...but the word pyramid that I asked you to search for has several posts, so that we may have a conversation.

Anyways...after quoting to you 4 different instances (there are more) that you could not find...kayvan did it occur to you that you can choose long only and short only in the input dialog of the EA?

ES

I mean that the "architecture" should remain open allowing the user to load the EA on any TF. If a user wants a larger frequencey of trades he could load it on the M15....if he wants less trades over a longer span...he could use the H1. If the TF is hardcoded into the EA then the user would not have any choices. If he wants more trades with lower TP's...he would have no choice, in the case of an EA that has the TF hardcoded.

We should attempt to present an EA that works in all TF's and gives the user a choice at which one.

There could be a input to lookback at a rolling 1, 2, or three candles to determine the high or low breaches...at these breaches there could be an input to use the averaging downmethod...or the pyramiding inmethod which are exact opposites.

This way wolfe, you present an EA that allows us to test various set files without you having to code and recode....
to reiterate...now this is my opinion only... Us Testers need from you coders the following....
  • A candlestick lookback for breaches that we can set in the user friendly input menu.
  • An Average Down or Pyramid Up method to choose in the user friendly input menu
  • Number of PIPS breach zone that we can set in the user friendly input menu
This is what I have so far...and these proposed options present a myriad of possibilites to test in an idiot-savant way Wolfe you can do it!
Wow I feel like a kid in a candy store yes I will be thrilled to explain my ideas...others reading...please chime in if you agree or disagree...ok? Sometimes I get delussional in my thoughts and dreams and need to be brought back down to earth..

Here is a detailed explanation of my "open architecture" vision..

I think that some of us want to add to the position as the original TFX, thus adding additional positions as the original entry did and others would like to do the opposite and buy on a downtrend or sell on an uptrend thus averaging down towards the long or averaging up towards the short entry.

So for those testers I suggest the input titled:

Pyramid: Default =True (False would equal averaging down/up in the kayvan breach zone ...2...3...4....5...etc... pips below the low of the previous candlestick ...or vice versa for the high)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To define the number of pips for the entry to trigger from the low or high I suggest an input of this:

EntryLag: 1...2...3...etc PIPS (this would be the number of pips needed to exceed the high or the low before an entry is triggered with wolfes most excellent and stable ordersend chunk of code)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now some of you may want to look at the low or high to be breached with more than just the previous candlestick...like maybe the last two...or last three...and so forth...as each TF marches forward on the right edge of the chart this would recalc...anyways here is the input suggestion:

Lookback: 1...2....3....4... (now this is the number of candlesticks that is looked at for the high or the low...remember that this could be whatever the user loads this on...M5, m15, m30, H1....etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have some new inputs to suggest also...

Here is one:

LastEntryFilter: default is true. (true means that the next entry must exceed the last entry accoording to if it is a pyramid or an average down choice in the above input. false means that the last entry is ignored and simply enters on the criteria)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more extra input suggestion:

TF in minutes: 60 is the default (5...30...60...240....1440....etc...this would remove the danger of the user flipping through timeframes accidentally and screwing up his current trade, thus I suggest a user definable hardcode)

ES
Well I do not understand how to code...this is your department. To make sure that I am communicating the two variables... let me go over them again:

1) Pyramid example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ..lets pretend the next candlestick opened and proceeded to go up past the previous candlestick high...up ...up...and up...it went up to 1.5502 but there is a two pip spread....so nothing happened...it continued up to 1.5504 Bam! trigger....another long was added!....the global TP takes us out...we are rich and move to the Bahama's for the summer

2) Average down example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ...lets pretend the next candlestick opened down ...down ...down past the previous candlestick low..it went down to 1.5498...thats was enough because we are buying on the drop...bam we are in! Bahama's for the second summer...this time in our Yacht!

1) Pyramid example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ..lets pretend the next candlestick opened and proceeded to go up past the previous candlestick high...up ...up...and up...it went up to 1.5502 but there is a two pip spread....so nothing happened...it continued up to 1.5504 Bam! trigger....another long was added!....the global TP takes us out...we are rich and move to the Bahama's for the summer

2) Average down example: Long at 1.5500 then with a lookback of 1 with a 2 pip entrylag ...lets pretend the next candlestick opened down ...down ...down past the previous candlestick low..it went down to 1.5498...thats was enough because we are buying on the drop...bam we are in! Bahama's for the second summer...this time in our Yacht!

if you mean this one ,please give me another example . i did not understand it

kayvan...

In the smiley face dialog there are two tabs..one is Common and one is Inputs. If you want consecutive longs all you must do is choose long only...and vice versa for shorts. YOU HAVE THIS CHOICE NOW IN THE COMMON TAB

But maybe I do not understand what you want.

ES

kayvan:

if you mean this one ,please give me another example . i did not understand it