Martingale EA - page 18

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

I have noticed that the EA will close all open trades far past the stop loss based on the close_by_loss input (ex: set to -100 & EA closed all aggregate positions at -135.02). Do you know why this would happen?

Thanks,

LCFX

Yes,

Stop loss will start executing once profit is < or = your stop loss parameter. Just 1 pip movement, could increase your loss by that much depending on how many orders are open and how many lots you have. Also take into account time taken for close all cycle, and slippage, and you have your answer.

The same could work for TP as well.

Bug Report

Hi wolfe,

Thanks for the new version.

Please see the attached pic.

Note that 2 buys and 2 sells were taken as opening trades, each within 1 pip of the other.

This does not seem right...

Files:
tfx_4.gif  67 kb

WNW:
Hi wolfe,

Thanks for the new version.

Please see the attached pic.

Note that 2 buys and 2 sells were taken as opening trades, each within 1 pip of the other.

This does not seem right...

I had the comments wrong in the ordersend() commands. If you notice in your screen shot they all say TFX_LONG_START. This is not really what happened.

It bought @ 1.4455, then sold @ 1.4443, then bought @ 1.4456, then sold @ 1.4444. That seams like it is working right. The comments are messed up and confusing.

The ordersend() comments will be fixed in v1_4.

Thanks for pointing that out.

tfx modified

hi,

i 've modified ea using the same logic but introducing another way to operate :

if price is over bollinger band and trend is up ( i am using turbo_jma) open long,

if price is below bollinger band and trend down open sell, i' ve used step = 5, tp= 0.1% and sl= 50%

could you see it and if you consider a dood idea continue to develop ?

thanks in advance

giapel

Files:
turbo_jma.mq4  11 kb
tfx_v1_7.mq4  22 kb

Still working

While v1_4 is a work in progress, I need to know if there are any more problems with v1_3.

This has taken quite a few tries to get right.(and still working) Thanks to all who have been testing TFX and pointing out bugs. I have been trying to include all of your ideas in the development of TFX. Sorry to those who have had suggestions and haven't seen results yet.

The code is getting increasingly more complex. v1_3 has over 500 lines of code, double that of the first version. v1_4 promises to be longer still. Just one character omitted or in the wrong place, and it will not work properly. Extremely tempermental, (and literal) these EA's can be!

Thanks again for your support and patience, as we work through this trading method together.

Please post any questions, comments, or concerns, as this will help in the development of v1_4.

-Wolfe

Does the include file need to be reinstalled?

ES

giapel:
hi,

i 've modified ea using the same logic but introducing another way to operate :

if price is over bollinger band and trend is up ( i am using turbo_jma) open long,

if price is below bollinger band and trend down open sell, i' ve used step = 5, tp= 0.1% and sl= 50%

could you see it and if you consider a dood idea continue to develop ?

thanks in advance

giapel

Currently testing v1_4 on multiple currencies. Currently attached to 6 pairs at the same time. Seems to be working well. I'll continue with some of the other suggestions.

Files:
v1_4.gif  100 kb

alw2142:
Hi Wolfe,

I am testing along with LCFX.

In addition to ES' comments above, please note that the readout only displays 1 decimal place for both Open Profit and Closed Profit.

When you are looking at that portion of the code, can you consider making the readout display go to two decimal places?

I think what is happening is if the second decimal place is 0, it is dropped off. Not sure how to fix that. My Open Profit is showing two decimal places.

Files:
v1_4usdchf.gif  10 kb

wolfe:
I think what is happening is if the second decimal place is 0, it is dropped off. Not sure how to fix that. My Open Profit is showing two decimal places.

Use DoubleToStr() within the Comments() function - the second parameter sets the number of decimal places displayed.

omelette:
Use DoubleToStr() within the Comments() function - the second parameter sets the number of decimal places displayed.

Could you give an example?