Martingale EA - page 13

ElectricSavant:
What if I do not want to double, but instead use 0.01 increments...can I still do that?

or...

Could I get a version like that?

ES

Do you mean like it operated before? It'll do that in v1_3. Working on v1_3 with all the operational improvements.

wolfe:
Omelette,

I have a question about part of your code revision:

In the following code should the second GlobalVariableCheck be !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket")?

if (OTBM(Magic_Number) == 0 || !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket")

|| !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket")|| !GlobalVariableCheck("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket")) {

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket",0);

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket",0);

GlobalVariableSet("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket",0); }

else { LastBuyTicket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_LastBuyTicket");

LastSellTicket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_LastSellTicket");

Ticket = GlobalVariableGet("TFX_v1.2_CurrentTicket"); }
Thanks again for the great help.

Yes it should, sorry about that. To answer your other question, yes, hopefully, this will now pick up and carry on after a reset.

Wolfe & Omelette,

I appreciate you guys working on this EA. I hope in the end that it will be highly profitable for us.

Thanks,

LCFX

awesome,

I am looking forward to v 1.3...doubling will blow accounts...I need 0.01 increments.

ES

I figured out what this EA was doing last night, so I added a few lines to it to hopefully make it more 'robust'. Also, I was curious as to how 'martingaling' Buys and Sells independently would work (the original continues the doubling sequence on both Buys and Sells) so I played with that too. Only the 'main' EA code is altered - so everything is still basically the same...

Files:

ElectricSavant:
awesome,

I am looking forward to v 1.3...doubling will blow accounts...I need 0.01 increments.

ES

v1_3 is coming along nicely. Thanks to omelette I have Glogal Variables figured out. v1_3 will act the same as v1_2 only better. The last order ticket, last open price, and last lot size will be saved to global variables. This means if the EA gets shut off, or power is interrupted, the EA will pick up where it left off when it's re-started. These changes should also alleviate lot size incremantation problems.

I'm also going to make order send commands print errors, and re-try if an error occurs.

Don't worry, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04...... increments will be possible.

Hope to have v1_3 ready for market open next week.

v1_3 more or less is done. I would like to test when market opens a little bit before posting. To assure the functionality is working properly.

wolfe,

what a relief! I have a link in my Blog to this thread. I do not like to post things in my Blog until they are tested throughly. But I feel so strongley about this EA and it's prospects for profitability that I went ahead and posted your work in my Blog.

anyways...this trader appreciates your thoughtful and consciencious work...

Stay tuned for the "log-in" info to the Demo account testing in the Blog, under the TFX page that is dedicated just to TFX..

ES

wolfe:
v1_3 more or less is done. I would like to test when market opens a little bit before posting. To assure the functionality is working properly.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

anyways...this trader appreciates your thoughtful and consciencious work...

ES

Thanks for the compliment. I hope this new version will operate much more smoothly than the previous versions.

Is there anything else I should consider while I'm messing with the code? How do you like the Use_Manual_Entry option from v1_2?

I'll probably post in about 24hrs, after I can test for a while after market open on Sun.

I have not tested that part of it yet...there was an alert screen problem...but then you fixed that and I never re-tested it...I will let you know when 1.3 is released.

for a BO entry that was a nice upgrade.

ES

wolfe:
Thanks for the compliment. I hope this new version will operate much more smoothly than the previous versions.

Is there anything else I should consider while I'm messing with the code? How do you like the Use_Manual_Entry option from v1_2?

I'll probably post in about 24hrs, after I can test for a while after market open on Sun.