Martingale EA - page 16

I tried running the EA this morning but it seems to lose continuously - not had time to work out what's wrong yet - maybe something silly... can anyone post some settings that I can try?

LCFX,

check your magic numbers...are they different?

ES

Magic numbers are as follows:

EUR/USD = 9000

EUR/JPY = 9009

Damn...I am not getting the error yet...but I am only testing on one pair...

ES

lcfxtrader:
Magic numbers are as follows:

EUR/USD = 9000

EUR/JPY = 9009

Your going to lose before you win...This is a method that will build it's position and you may need to wait for 1...2... or more day's.

Try a NextTrade of 16 on USD/JPY...use 0.01/0.01 start/increment. Use a TP of 25 bucks and set a wide SL....

ES

Neo:
I tried running the EA this morning but it seems to lose continuously - not had time to work out what's wrong yet - maybe something silly... can anyone post some settings that I can try?

All is working well thus far in the USD/JPY on an IBFX mini demo account...for the first time I have made it up to a progression of 0.26....floating minus 18 bucks...on a 1K account using 0.01/0.01/16 NT...Plenty of margin left and plenty of DD to tolerate.

Waiting for a 25 buck tp....

ES

Wolfe,

I have noticed that the EA will close all open trades far past the stop loss based on the close_by_loss input (ex: set to -100 & EA closed all aggregate positions at -135.02). Do you know why this would happen?

Thanks,

LCFX

wolfe,

When you get back tonight and read all of these posts, I have another request.

In the upper left it would be nice to have a total of lots net for Long and for Short...to see how all the lots add up. Thus on the fly it will be easy to see what net direction we are weighted in.

ES

P.S. also add the x-axis and the y-axis in the inputs for those that want to move the display to a different location on the chart.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

So far so good...

A cosmetic little picky thing...to make this EA more aesthetic.

CloseByLoss should not require a minus sign...you should be able to code the value entered in the input to ALWAYS be a negative and do not even allow the minus sign character to be entered there.

As you know...If the user does not put the minus sign there and he is using CloseByLoss (not percent) then he will get the trades opening and closing immediatley.

Now I could be weird about this and many users may not find this change necessary and may not agree.

ES

P.S. wolfe, I also agree with you about using market orders...The dealer has no way to know what this EA is doing the way you coded this...

P.P.S. by the way.... wolfe, LCFX and omelette Thank You for this EA. This is just awesome how everybody worked on this public EA together.

Stay tuned in my Blog for TFX trading...

ES

I agree, this change will be made in a future version. If someone forgets to put a (-) sign for their stop loss they will be in trouble. We'll make that, how would you say... Idiot Proof?

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

It looks like the last trade progression for the EUR/USD is incorrect. Please see pic and advise. Thanks for the updated EA.

LCFX

Icfx,

I'm not sure at this time. For one reason or another the EA is not playing nice with itself when loaded onto more than one chart. This is my only explanation so far. I will try to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it.

Neo:

We're all trying to figure out the most profitable way to run this EA. The way it is coded there are many different ways you can run, depending on your preference. I don't know if anyone has found an optimal setting. Yet...